• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Renouf's NHB EP3 building into track/fast road car

Hey,
Thought i'd finally make a build log for my EP3. I've had many civics all eks this is my first ep. I bought it year and half ago as a daily driver for me the missus and my little boy. I lightly modified it but nothing serious as it was daily and had my little boy in it all the time.

About 8 months passed and I got fed up of the car so took it back to standard and was ready to sell. We then went on a family holiday and whilst out there we decided to get a 2nd car for the missus which i was over the moon about which means the sale ad didn't have to continue and i could keep the car.

These last 12 weeks or so from may 19th till now (07/07/2016) I have been adding modifications onto it getting it ready for some track days next year along with it being set up so it drives better on the roads...

Here's i shot of my last EK civic. Very sad to see this go as it was 1 owner car 60k when i bought it and no rust!!! Arches mint, sills mint, under body mint!

The day I picked it up. Looked clean it's not as clean as my ek was hence why this is going for more track/fast road setup.

Refurbished the rocker. inlet and aux. Fitted tegiwa air intake along with silicon hoses. Also new battery as old one was Sh*t.

Innovative engine mounts

Rocker cover looks good :smt023 I want to have mine done. How did you do this?

Need to remove all the old stuff so it's back to metal i used paint stripper from wilko called nitromours i think it is. Then just used VHT wrinkle red paint and followed the instructions on the back. The rocker is a little fiddly getting off and on though haha

The rocker is a little fiddly getting off and on though haha

Yeah, it's a nightmare to get back on without scratching it! Good job though, it looks factory fresh.

There's heaps of little "pocket money" mods that make such a difference to spirted driving in these cars. Mine was set up for fast road and a bit of track, so a lot of the small things I did will be useful for you. Have a look at the first page: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?81964-Jimbothemagnificent-s-magnificent-EP3

The biggest weak point is brakes, I was forever having problems with cooking mine. Good rotors, pads, braided lines and fluid make a huge difference. Some ducting from the front end will help keep them cool too.

Back