• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RepairAdvice - Handbrake

Hi,

Firstly here's some history - My 2002 has given me 2.5 years loyal and continuous service, but now requires a little more maintenance than the annual service and MOT at Honda.

Today I had a local garage carry out a free visual inspection - as I am booked in at Honda this Saturday for the Service/MOT and thought why not let them give me a heads up. Their conclusion was that in general the car looks "pretty good" however there was something to be wary of...The nearside rear caliper is not releasing fully (I have had trouble occasionally on really cold mornings were just the N/S brake would remain on after releasing the handbrake) and the likely fix is a new handbrake cable which is a dealer only part and sounds like its going to be expensive??

Any help/advice/garages in the North West would be appreciated?

Kane

Hey pal funny enough I was just adjusting my handbrake lol I'm from leyland pal and always go to Steve at Grinspeed he's the dogs.
Just off golden hill lane where the chinese is on the corner turn right there :)

Just had a look and the cable is circa £100.

Do they know It's the cable or just guessing?

I've had a slight sticking issue with the front OS last summer and taking out, cleaned and put back together items 19 & 32 seemed to solve my problem
B__1910.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back