• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Repairing pulls in Recaros :(

Like the dipstick I am I managed to wear a pair of jeans in the car tonight that have a buckle on the back, thus reulting in me putting a nice little pull in my prestine recaro :mad::evil: while getting out of the car.
Any advice on how to fix it? I 'pulled' the opposite sides of the fabric around the pull away from each other to 'draw' the pull back into the fabric but it only drew it back in a mm or so. Any more ideas anyone?
Thanks,
Scott

Hi

Not sure if you have managed to sort this yet but this is the best I could do with mine. Anoyingly this pic is on the passenger seat so it was a mate who did it to my seat.

I took a needle and put a bit of a bend in it, then pushed the needle into the seat at one of the end of the pull, because of the bend I was then able to get the needle to come back out the seat (so there was 2 ends of the needle sticking out the seat)

I then threded the pull through the needle hole and then pulled the needle out of the seat from the sharp end. meaning that the pull gets buried in the seat. Its not perfect but has made it look loads neater than it was at first.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jim

Attachments

• GetAttachment[1]..jpg
    GetAttachment[1]..jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 28
Hi

Not sure if you have managed to sort this yet but this is the best I could do with mine. Anoyingly this pic is on the passenger seat so it was a mate who did it to my seat.

I took a needle and put a bit of a bend in it, then pushed the needle into the seat at one of the end of the pull, because of the bend I was then able to get the needle to come back out the seat (so there was 2 ends of the needle sticking out the seat)

Cheers Jim :) might try this technique at the weekend as to be honest I just forgot about it :eek: It's not too noticable but will deffo what you suggested :)

Cheers again,

Scott

Back