• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

replacement filter advice

hi all
i am new to the honda scene i am after changing my air filter but i just want an upgrade for the standard air box, was hoping for some advice on which is the best?
thanks

Welcome to forum. The topic has been well covered in this section of the forum. Have a good read of the stickies, as most of your questions will probably be answered in there.
What type r do you drive and are you looking to just change the filter or go for an induction kit?

Okay in that case might be worth looking at something like the Spoon replacement airfilter. It obviously dearer than the standard oem filter, but its reusable. I would also research the Hondata airbox mod at the same time. There is a how to on here somewhere.

thanks alot, thats what i am after doing (the hondata airbox) with maybe a few holes drilled in for the noise

Go for a K&N replacement element. It will cost half as much as Spoon parts are expensive for what they are.
ABP sell them and are around the £50 mark. Almost the same price as the disposable Honda part.

As Hippy said, the Hondata mod i worth doing. Might be worth sourcing another airbox to butcher though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for a K&N replacement element. It will cost half as much as Spoon parts are expensive for what they are.
ABP sell them and are around the £50 mark. Almost the same price as the disposable Honda part.

As Hippy said, the Hondata mod i worth doing. Might be worth sourcing another airbox to butcher though.

Really ???? They have gone up a hell of a lot since I bought one a few years ago

close £50 for an OEM air filter is stupid if its true

Back