• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Replacement front brake pads

Hi guys

Whats a good price for new front brake pads fitted? Just been quoted £95 all in from my Honda dealer.

That's standard Honda price for oem pads, the pads them selves are £45 iirc. They're **** easy to change yourself and save a bit of cash. I've fitted Ferodo DS2500 on mine, although they're £90 just for the pads.

That's standard Honda price for oem pads, the pads them selves are £45 iirc. They're **** easy to change yourself and save a bit of cash. I've fitted Ferodo DS2500 on mine, although they're £90 just for the pads.

whats the difference in the pads?

The DS2500 are a high friction track pad, while the standard pads are very good these give firmer pedal feel with better bite and alot less fad when used hard. Do a search, they're highly rated. Though they're not road legal but who's to know ;)

Not sure how true this is but I was told if you uprate your pads you should really uprate your disc's as well or the harder more abrasive pads will end up eating your disc's don't shoot me down in flames is this is not the case its just what I was told.

As long as you have good quality discs then you shouldn't have a problem, and the D2500s aren't too hard, Ferodo do a harder compound which obviously would eat your discs quicker.

Ferodo fan here, got a 4th set sat in the garage waiting to be fitted 8)

I recently fitted DixelBrakes slotted front disc's and z pads bast part of £500 :( but they are awesome even when cold.

Back