• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

replacement panel filter?

hi, i have just bought an o4 ctr and am wondering if a spoon or k&n panel filter would make much of a diffenence to performance from a stadard one.
i dont fancy a putting a cone(cai) filter on as i think honda put the air box in there for a reason, and i cant afford a gruppe m so its a panel filter for me.
any ideas where i can find a good panel filter and what price it would be?
cheers
stu

Spoon, K&N do one.

I am just getting BMC to make one aswell but that will be another couple of weeks I should think.

Not sure on what results to expect. I know on most cars you get an improved throttle response and better fuel economy.

Spoon, K&N do one.

I am just getting BMC to make one aswell but that will be another couple of weeks I should think.

Not sure on what results to expect. I know on most cars you get an improved throttle response and better fuel economy.

Smeg, do you sell said drop in filters???

I was looking at a an article in the redline magazine last week and they tested replacement panel filters. The spoon filter came last the standard honda filter even beat it.
the winner was an ITG filter proving hp gain and the least restrictive.

im in the same boat as you not being able to afford a group m.
i got a spoon replacement filter for £123.65 delivered from spoonsportseurope.net.

Product ID: 17220-DC5-000
Product Name: Intake - High Flow Air Filter

Hope that helps

Redline magazine did a test with regards to replacement drop in filters. Testing showed that the OE Honda filter was just as good as the aftermarket ones, and in some cases better. I am sticking with the OE filter in my Hondata modded air box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back