• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

replacing brake discs

where is the best place to buy these ? what price are they ?

and have anyone replaced their wheel bearings ? price ?

cheers

Discs and pads from Honda Main Dealers is a fixed price of £210 which includes all Hondas except S2000 and NSX. Includes labour and VAT.

No idea on the bearings sorry!

I got my front dicscs and pads replaced about 3 weeks ago, i went for mintex and it was £130 all in. IMO they are so much better then standard Honda.

is that £130 for front and rear discs and pads??? if so where you get them from as im on the look for new brakes at the mo!! mintex ones that is!! ha

is that £130 for front and rear discs and pads??? if so where you get them from as im on the look for new brakes at the mo!! mintex ones that is!! ha

No just front's and that was fitted. I know there is a link flying about somewhere where you can get front & rear of ebay for about £130-140

I've been quoted £800 by one independent garage and £790 by another so I just asked VW to see what they'd say.

The front pads and discs cost nearly £500 before you even think about fitting them. :eek: I suppose they have to be big enough to stop something that weighs the same as a small country though. :lol:

There will be cheaper alternatives mate (There must be!!)

hello mate i got my front discs which are DBA 3000 series i think slotted brand new for just over £300 from TDI south in thurrock essex. ferodo ds2500 front pads for about £100 and the rear pads about £80-90 from unit-8. so roughly £500 all in, plus 4 new disc locating screws from honda which are pennys after ruining the old ones with an impact screwdriver. my friend put them on for me and literally took him minutes to do each side because he knew what he was doing. i gave him a drink for doing them for me but as for £900 you have to be joking, for a few more hundred you can get a big brake kit like stoptech.

i forgot to add once you have built up a little heat in the brakes it really is an awesome setup and much improved pedal feel and braking over standard.

Discs and pads from Honda Main Dealers is a fixed price of £210 which includes all Hondas except S2000 and NSX. Includes labour and VAT.

No idea on the bearings sorry!

is that £210 disc and pads for fronts fitted, thats never with rears as well ?

thats quite a good price. i hear that car companies are stopping selling their parts out so they have the monopoly, not sure if its true. i hear that jaguar are doing that as you cant buy parts.

£210 is for the front discs and pads fitted by honda.
i got my front oem discs from my local honda dealer for about £100 a pair last year and pads were about £40.
i decided to put on some ferodo ds2500 pads instead of oem and they are great although a bit pricey now at £80-95:eek:

£210 is for the front discs and pads fitted by honda.
i got my front oem discs from my local honda dealer for about £100 a pair last year and pads were about £40.
i decided to put on some ferodo ds2500 pads instead of oem and they are great although a bit pricey now at £80-95:eek:

actually my rears are still good. the fronts disc are still original from when i bought the car and its done 98k miles !:eek:

i have had the ferodo ds2500 before and they were excellent, but as i dont do track stuff i decided to use oem now.

is that £210 disc and pads for fronts fitted, thats never with rears as well ?

thats quite a good price. i hear that car companies are stopping selling their parts out so they have the monopoly, not sure if its true. i hear that jaguar are doing that as you cant buy parts.

Correct £210 fitted from main dealer for each end. So if wanted front and back it would be £420.

I thought this was pretty good, Central Tyres and Autocare in Lancs quoted me £360 for OEM front only discs and pads but that sealed my opinion of them as chancers!! :rolleyes:

just got my fronts discs and pads done at honda and brake fluid replaced for £260. they say the back needs replacing too but the discs at the back is not worn at all just abit rusty [ does this matter ? ] but perhaps i will get them
to change just the pads.

or i was thinking getting mintex for the rears, is this adviceable, or do i stick
with honda ? and why does the rears not get any wear ? maybe a softer compound pads will help.

just got my fronts discs and pads done at honda and brake fluid replaced for £260. they say the back needs replacing too but the discs at the back is not worn at all just abit rusty [ does this matter ? ] but perhaps i will get them
to change just the pads.

or i was thinking getting mintex for the rears, is this adviceable, or do i stick
with honda ? and why does the rears not get any wear ? maybe a softer compound pads will help.

The rears don't wear that fast because the fronts do the majority of the braking.

Mintex pads and discs are fine.

to change just the pads.

Got Mintex pads on mine at the rear and they work fine. The rears do hardly any work which is why they are so much smaller than the front so don't need replacing as often. As long as the discs are smoth aal the way round and don't have too big a lip on them then there is no reason to change IMO

I'll be doing mine in the next few months and getting brembo discs and ferodo pads for under 80 quid fitting myself if thats any help

Got Mintex pads on mine at the rear and they work fine. The rears do hardly any work which is why they are so much smaller than the front so don't need replacing as often. As long as the discs are smoth aal the way round and don't have too big a lip on them then there is no reason to change IMO

the rear discs still looks fine, smooth with no lip ! after 100k miles :confused:

perhaps i'm not braking hard enough :D

I'll be doing mine in the next few months and getting brembo discs and ferodo pads for under 80 quid fitting myself if thats any help

That sounds very cheap, Is this for the ep3 ctr, fronts?

Where are you getting the parts from?

Cheers

Back