• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Replacing FN2 Front Drop Links

Next weekend I'll be replacing my front drop links. I had expected the old ones to have a hole in the bolt for a hex key to hold it in place while the nut turns but the ones I have fitted don't have this and there are no flat spots either.

Does the back of the link's bolt locate into the wishbone/ARB to stop it turning? Just planning ahead so I don't get any nasty surprises like spinning bolts I'll have to grind/drill out.

Cheers

Do/Can you provide a photo of the link currently installed? I'm not aware of any lacking both hex and flat spots :(

Some droplinks have the flats partly hidden by the rubber boot, try pushing it out the way a bit.
The hex part may be present but there may be a bung fitted to protect it (rare), or might be filled with grease or road crap so it isn't obvious, though I assume you've had a thorough prod about.

Sometimes it's easier to just cut the things off with an angle grinder.

And a picture from the other side? Often the flat/hexagonal part is next to (or as SmegHead's indicated) under the rubber boot.

Some droplinks have the flats partly hidden by the rubber boot, try pushing it out the way a bit.
The hex part may be present but there may be a bung fitted to protect it (rare), or might be filled with grease or road crap so it isn't obvious, though I assume you've had a thorough prod about.

Sometimes it's easier to just cut the things off with an angle grinder.

And a picture from the other side? Often the flat/hexagonal part is next to (or as SmegHead's indicated) under the rubber boot.

I'll take the wheel off again and have another look tonight.

Back