• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

replacing front anti roll bar bushes - 2005 Type R

Are these a simple on/off job, Im slowly replacing worn bushes and links. got a set of drive on ramps so hoping i can pull it on, remove and fit the new ones and good to go without any special requirments or tooling. Thank you

ive read to Copper grease the new bushes to reduce creaking and noise. is there anything else i require. Do you have to jack the ARB up or take the weight to make life easier at all. Im using genuine bushes

It's the drop links you have to worry about. They often don't want to let go... Angle grinder often required.

I've done the front and rear links and yea they were on there for good, hacksaw job, my old 328 the bushes were a 5 min change , undo the c clamps, 3 bolts and the bush was removable. Pop the new one on with some grease and redo the clamp. On hoping the drop links don't need removing on these. Do one bush at a time with the roll bar still in place

Has anyone does this at all without removing the drop links. Hoping to just use my little ramps and remove and fit.

You should be able to remobe the bushes without having to remove the drop-links. Just remove the C clamp as on your 328.

This photo seems to indicate it can be done:

dc5r_22mm.jpg

yea it was a simple 10 minute job in the end. Thats the rear but the fronts were mounted very similar.

Back