• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

REPLACING GEARBOX OIL CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM?

Hi guys

planning on changing my gearbox oil at some point over the next fortnight and I just wanted to confirm the gearbox capacity, I know it has been mentioned in other threads and from reading I thought it was 1.7L however I just went to my local Honda dealer and they told me 3-3.5L :confused: I stuck to my guns and told them I only want 2L, they charged £12 a litre so I dont know if they were just trying to get money of me??...can someone clear this up for me and give me a straight answer ad I dont want to change the oil and find I havent got enough

I have the JDM K20a so guess it holds little more.
The list seems never ending lol! just got 5L Fuchs Titan Race pro s, hamp filter and magnetic sump plug. couple more bits to get before i service her.
you sorted that bumper yet?

I sorted one problem to be left with another... thought my bonnet catch was stuck so I tried loosening it using the bonnet pull in the footwell and snapped the dam thing clean off ](*,) going to try epoxy resin as I would like to avoid paying £30 for a new cable + the ball ache of fitting it, on the upside the gearbox is nice and smooth :)

It's definitely on the to do list, focusing on the advisories from the MOT at the moment; so far.. changed the B-pipe, just bought some braided lines and brake fluid, going to buy some DS2500's this weekend and get them sorted then will focus on the bumper.. I had some money aside for it which I just dipped into for a new set of mats... :( I buy things without thinking ahead lol

You coming to the "trial-meet" on Sunday?

I have all that! did you go for the silenced B-pipe? DS2500 are good pads mine smoked like a beast bedding them in but work really well great cold bite too.
Will be there bud meeting up with couple of mates first 1 fn2 1 ep3 and maybe a dc2

nah I went unsilenced supersprint....you will hear it Sunday, bring some ear plugs lol do they last very long compared to OEM?

Awesome! will see you there

People do say the unscilenced one is loud have you still got standard back box?
Was thinking mine was still loud! Keep eye out for pc plod I got ticket in Lowestoft for mine.
Be good to meet some fellow type r owners.

No i just sold it to another user on here lol we tested mine with an app (not very accurate i know but good guideline) got 103db all declared to insurance, there is the minority of coppers that love their job too much and will slap you with a ticket but fortunately i havent come across one yet.

yea definitely! Looking forward to it :)

Mine was 92 and got a ticket think the limit for uk car is 90 jap limit is 100 I think.
YoU got any other planned mods?
I'm looking into the Jackson charger at min had car 3ish years now and fancy little more power.

Did you get points or just a fine? Ive just bought a typhoon induction as the pipercross is crap but other than that i dont know i would like to turbo or supercharge but it is an expensive bit of kit, i'm thinking about a manifold and maybe a remap to squeeze what I can but i doubt it will be much of a gain :(

No points just 60 fine so not too bad.
That the one what sits in the engine bay?
I loved the sound of my AEM CAI befor remap v-tec sounded so agressive on change over you sorta loose that with the remap :noseblow:
Manifold is good mod but think you also need front jdm arb as standared one is in the way! Mine is still stock will have to change it before charged to get most out of it.
Will have look at yours sunday if you don't mind lol

Hopefully arrive in the morning, you will have to excuse the state of the car it is a "work in progress" at the moment lol i.e. bumper, broken bonnet release, mats, etc but it does what it was built to do so im happy :) im going to get all the parts together and hopefully do it all in one hit as i think you appreciate it more rather than little bits here and there, you have to take me for a spin if/when you charge yours....non negotiable :D

Better get in line think townsend is going to snap my keys when I do lol.
They are a great car for the money
My car has looked a right state at times! Only couple of days ago serviced front brakes so both sides where in bits for a day lol alloys are in major need of refurbishment too will get there sooner or later

I used red line MTL and its real good stuff , talking to the rep that comes to work and it was developed for Hondas and acuras , that have a "notchy" box and helps with worn syncros :)

Back