• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

replacing rear bearings and hub

I replaced one on my old MB6 VTI civic and it was a piece of **** mate it was just bolted on, I expect the EP3 will be the same.

If i was to replace one of my rear bearings then i would have no problem usng the one in the link.

Are you positive its not tyres? EP3's are known for wearing the inside edge of the rear tyres which can create the same noise. If the noise is more apparent on smooth roads then its your tyres.

Ady.

just had brand new tyres put on the fronts.... but was happening before I changed them anyways
and rears have loads of tread with no sign of uneven wear

im positive its the bearing to be honest... ill give it a shot replacing both, and if it still happens then atleast i have new bearings :D haha

Well ive been thinking about replacing mine aswell as i have the droaning noise at 40mph plus. I know one side (tyre worn inside edge side) the bearing is loose and falls out of the hub when i have the hub off. So it could be my rear tyres just being noisy? Do you know why the rear tyres wear on the inside on the rear and can it be adjusted to stop it from happening because my rear tyres have quite a lot of tread but passenger rear is worn pretty bad on the inside edge :-(

The bearing shouldn't just fall out I the hub.

Rear tyres wear the inner esgea because of the camber and toe alignment from factory.

You can adjust it with adjustable camber arms.

yea, wen i last pulled my hub off the left rear, it had quite abit of play and the bearing came half way out :-(, i just pushed it all back on and tightened up. So i definetly think this has added to the noise at the left rear aswell as the tyre wearing on the inside.

I dont have to buy a camber kit do i? is it not just of a case of adjusting the toe to resolve the inside tyre wear?

Thanks

Don't you have a centre nut on the hub infront of the bearing? How can it come half way out unless the nut is missing?

I apologise for my smarmy remark.

If the bearing has a lot of play in it, it may need replacing. Did the bearing sound rough/notchy when you felt it?

No worries man, yea was a little rough instead of a smooth roll, so might need replacing, best part of £100 for new hubs *** :-(

Yea ive had a look at these, i would need to do both sides ideally ***, but cheapest ive seen yet.

Back