• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Respraying Stereo Surround/Fascia

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone had resprayed the stereo and gear surround? Ive seen its been done but not noticed any guides etc.

Im looking to keep the colour as close as possible, just needs tidying up as its a bit tatty.

If so, how did you go about doing it and with what paint etc?

Thanks

I did mine this weekend. Easy as pie mate, the only problem I had was getting the ciggy lighter out of the panel. Had to force it out in the end. Got to take mine out again this weekend as in not happy with the finish I got so I might make a little guide.

Basically all you need to do is use the guide for removing / changing the head-unit. That will explain getting all the panels out, and then all the switches and bits are all just screwed on to the panels.

Just make sure you rub everything down and get everything nice and flat, and then prime it. Let the primer dry proper, this is where I went wrong. I rushed the job and now have to do it twice. Once the primer is dry, rub it down slightly and then paint and lacquer as you see fit.

I sprayed mine as the only radio surrounds I could fine were black. So i sprayed everything in a oner to make sure it all matched. :). Was thinking of spraying it all red though, bit risky though. Already got red door handle bits.

Thanks for that.

Ive actually already had the whole console out to put a new headunit in so that bit should be easy.

Was mainly after advice with the painting side of things?

rub down > prime > paint

Its a simple rattle can job, get some primer and the colour of your choice from halfords.

I might do mine again in the summer, fancy a change of colour

79733045.jpg

mine looks very simular to mickey c's however i sprayed mine satin silver and sprayed the head unit surround as well. When im happy with it ill post some pictures. And yeah as above, rub down, prime, paint, enjoy :)

Back