• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Returning to UK - Reputable Insurer Needed (not many around!)

Hi Everyone,

Looking at a possible return to the UK. Picked out the car I want (05/06 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro).

I've had my licence 14 years, never had a claim, but as I've been out of the UK for a while I have no NCB.

I've done the usual directline, gocompare, etc. Prices range from £850 - £2400. The cheapest one was Octagon, who seem to have some pretty negative feedback (premium rate contact number, registered in Gibralter, terrible service, slow, etc), so wont be going with those. Running down the quotation list & stopping at the first company I recognised was Tesco at £1500.

I accept I'm going to get shafted because of having no NCB history. But if I'm going to put up £1500, then I want the best possible cover & service for my money.

Input, suggestions, feedback, recommendations gratefully accepted please!!

Cheers

Sean

Try some of the companies on here like Sky, Greenlight etc. Also Direct Line.

Directline accept foreign no claims, from what I remember. Call the sales team and ask for a quote, price will be higher because it's over the phone but they should confirm if the NCD is acceptable.

See if your existing company overseas will give you a letter saying that you've not been involved in any accidents or claims - should help as a bit of a bargaining tool.

Best solution is to just phone Brentacre on 01792 650 933. No messing about on daft websites with juvenile designs. Plus will save you time too.

Thanks guys, I'll give some of your ideas a try and see how I get on!

Alot of the forum insurers want at least 1 year NCB before quoting...

I dont have any NCB history here that is transferable really. My car/driver is leased by the company, and I'm insured as a named driver by the lease company.
Though the thought that has occured to me is that I dont even know if Thailand has such a thing as an NCB discount!

Back