• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rev counter problem

Hi all just bought an ep3 today. Was sat on the m1 coming home and put my foot down and realised that the rev counter seems sticky.

any common things this could be or just doggy clocks?

cheers

If you have any mates who have the same car, you could swap out the clocks to see if there's a difference. If there is then you know to replace. Tried this on my old peugeot 206.

I don't think it is a common thing. By sticky do you mean the needle is a bit slow?

Can hear the engine revving fine but the clock will go to 2000 stop then jump to 4000 stop and then jump higher

First thing I'd suggest is to change the clocks. It may/may not solve the issue as the electrical fault could be much deeper

Yes will try that but seems to be getting some signal just not all of it, where does the rev counter connect to? The gearbox?

Tool the clocks out and removed the perspex seems the speedo is sort of spring loaded where as the rev counter just stays where you put it, new clocks it is.

Back