• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rev Limiter..

Ok, i have a simple question...

Does it do any damage/wear when you hit the rev limiter prior to changing gear?.. not just the engine, but to the clutch or any other componenets???

I avoid the rev limiter at all costs but when i first had the car i wasn't used to how quick it can reach the red line in V-TEC, and hit the limiter a few times especially when changing down to gain power.

:confused:

Occasionally no...... You'd probably have to do it every day to cause any damage, it there to prevent damage.

just avoid changing down to 2nd instead of 4th at 80mph as this would over rev the engine and as its a down shift the limiter wont stop this

The limiter is there to stop issues

I know many people that abuse their cars on the limiter every day and as long as the engine is warmed up (in my opinion) you will be ok. Althouth obviously it's best not to hit it!

Its there to stop damage being done, so hitting it on the way up is ok, not ideal but it should't do any harm once and a while.

Hitting it on the way down is not ideal though, as this can cause serious trouble, and wont stop the engine over reving as it would on the way up.

Back