• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Revitalise Your Alcantara - FIX

PREWARNING - THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WORKED FOR ME AND I URGE YOU --- TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU DAMAGING YOUR SEATS. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL.

Hi guys, i'm guessing many of you have worn out Alcantara seats, with a few 'shiny' patches and it looks like your seats are just old and tatty.... well....

They can be fixed, all it takes is
A- Patience
B- A fine brush (suede brush and for really tough bits a soft nylon brush and for REALLY tough bits a brass brush)
C- Woolite, bucket and some towels.

For the Centre cloth parts, follow this thread: http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra...r-seats-jdm-yellow-goodness-inside-=-1850276/

That will bring up your red seats lovely (iv'e done it today it works!).

For the Alcantara, heres a before:

After:

To achieve this i literally just used the fine suede brush in circles, sometimes with a very tiny amount of water on a slightly damp towel. (literally like a dab of water)
It took me ALL DAY to do about 6-7 patches of this worn down alcantara and the entire armrest, wash the red with woolite, and vacuum the entire car.

Another before and after:

Notice the little patch closest to the bottom right corner. I actually have made this alot better with a drop of water and the brass brush. BE WARNED USED THE BRASS BRUSH VERY CAREFULLY IT WILL PULL THE FIBRES FROM YOUR ALCANTARA. USED CAREFULLY IT WILL BRING IT BACK.

Once you have done all this you may have some furry areas/bobbly areas..... Use a razor blade!! Literally like a gillette mach 3 or something and shave your seats like you would your face! (gently but not with shaving foam :'D)

Anyway, hope this helps some people out :)

Laters!

Fair play mate !
I bought one of those fuzz remover things. Used it on my Ep3 premier seats and it's helped a lot !
I have a bottle of Woolite which I used on the centres of the seats, but I can still see stains.
Going to give it a try again in the spring. Failing that, it's going to a valeters.

Looks like you made a vast improvement on yours !

Well done !

Fuzz remover? You mean a lint roller?
Thanks man, the difference it made is awesome :)

Yeah, a lint remover machine thing ?
Bought it from eBay. I didn't feel safe using a Gillette razor.
The lint remover machine thing worked a treat for me.
Dont get me wrong. The Fn2 seats are amazing to sit in. Much nicer than my ep3 premier seats.
I just find it frustrating that the material used isn't great for general wear.

Anyway, well done !
I'll avoid being half cut the next time I try to describe a lilttle lint remover machine thing

with any kind of fabric you have a pile direction you can buy a swade brush and follow the pile direction with the brush and a little warter it will loosen ip and dirt in the fibers should look a lot cleaner I'm a carpet fitter and the brush we use is a ugg boot brush as it bristles are so fine you don't have to worry about any damage

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back