• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RHD EP3 from the States!

*** IM IN NEED OF A FACELIFT FRONT BUMPER/ SPLITTER/ SIDESKIRTS, any help would be greatly appreciated!****

Heres my build thread. I don't have many pics of my car since i see it everyday. from the pics i have i know you guys will be sure that it is a real rhd coversion. im not building this car to put it away in a garage and park it. its going to be my daily driver once its done. im not going to crazy with my ep as i did with my other cars, just enough to turn a couple of heads.... heres the list of mods that im doing to it right now. and its current stage. ENJOY!

Bought my 2005 Honda Civic si at a small dealership...ive owned it about 6 months. i bought my rhd clip from steve at hmotors, dash was cracked so i bought a replacement one and had my rhd clip sitting under a car cover since. i didnt realize it until 2 months ago that i bought a really molested car. my engine went out about 2 months ago, didnt expect it would since it had 66,xxx miles.i bought a totaled 2004 rsx type s with 70,xxx miles. when i was doing the engine swap, me and my buddy decided it was time to do the rhd conversion since the engine was coming out.

list of parts and mods:

RHD EP3 CLIP
RHD EP3WIPERS
USDM BUMPER MODIFIED TO JDM BUMPERS (FRONT AND REAR)
USDM SIDE SKIRTS MODIFIED TO JDM SIDE SKIRTS
JDM EP3 REAR WING
RHD EP3 FLOORMATS
RHD EP3 CARPET
2004 HONDA CIVIC SI FRONT SEATS
JDM EP3 CLUSTER WITH UNDER 7,XXX KM
BRAND NEW JDM EP3 SHIFT BOOT
BRAND NEW JDM EP3 SHIFT KNOB
JDM RHD POWER WINDOW SWITCHES
K20A2 COMPLETE CHANGEOVER SWAP
TYPE S BRAKE SET UP WITH SLOTTED/DRILLED ROTORS

IM SURE IM FORGETTING SOME PARTS IVE BOUGHT. I WILL LIST THEM ONCE I REMEMBER. HERE ARE THE PICS I HAVE SO FAR. CAR IS CURRENTLY GETTING REPAINTED ORIGINAL COLOR TAFFETTA WHITE.

rhdclip.jpg

lhd.jpg

firewalldone.jpg

enginebaydone.jpg

dc55lugbrakesetup.jpg

typesspindles.jpg

typesinstall.jpg

rhdconversion50.jpg

ctrfloormats.jpg

restofinteriorparts.jpg

centerconsole.jpg

6spdshiftknob.jpg

interior1.jpg

jdmfrontbumper.jpg

typerfront2.jpg

typerfrontbumper.jpg

side2.jpg

sideview-1.jpg

passengerside.jpg

A COUPLE OF PICS OF MY OTHER RHD CARS.

REAL RHD EF9
interior.jpg

customlicenseplates.jpg

l_3803a7f3e77b457893a502e9b496b8a6.jpg

RHD EK4 CONVERSION
tri-citymeet001.jpg

tri-citymeet002.jpg

meinmyek.jpg

THATS IT FOR NOW, I WILL GET MORE PICS UP AS I START DOING AND FINISHING OTHER MODS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK SO FAR, ANY SUGGESTIONS ALSO, BUT PLEASE KEEP NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont really have time for build threads, thats why i hadnt updated... im off today so here you go.. no the best pics, and car is really dirty but itll still give you an idea where its at right now.

ctr guage cluster. reads 11,xxx km almost brand new!!!
2012-03-09_10-08-57_1211.jpg

brand new in box facelift type R grill
2012-03-09_10-10-28_722.jpg

brand spanking new facelift headlight covers! RAREE!
2012-03-09_10-12-40_165.jpg

type RRRR
2012-03-09_10-12-56_747.jpg

ep3 heated mirrors with side markers for rhd... still need paint
2012-03-09_10-19-02_360.jpg

brand new facelift "H" emblem
2012-03-09_10-23-34_301.jpg

complete facelift grill brand new!
2012-03-09_10-24-16_661.jpg

type r center console for the rhd...
2012-03-09_10-29-30_185.jpg

On to the car pictures!, looks decent. will look perfect once i finish collecting the parts i need=)

2012-03-09_10-27-33_567.jpg

2012-03-09_10-26-34_991.jpg

2012-03-09_10-28-04_717.jpg

2012-03-09_10-28-15_266.jpg

2012-03-09_10-28-38_161.jpg

2012-03-09_10-28-49_739.jpg

2012-03-09_10-35-55_401.jpg

ill take better pics when i come around to washing it and detailing it. this car is my daily driver. usually about 400 miles a week. so its just not sitting in my garage. or in my back yard.

Some more parts!

facelift type r headlight MINT!
2012-03-09_10-14-08_497.jpg

oem dc5 wheels
2012-03-09_10-27-04_380.jpg

ep3 brand new mudflaps... dont know if ill be able to make them work. but i will modify them if i have to.
Image_1331321128206.jpg

jdm ep3 rear bumper with lip
ResizedImage_1331321215700.jpg

This is rediculous! Rediculously amazing! The skill level of this is monstrous! Great job homie! Keep up the good work. I'd love to see this one in person.

Cheers,
Ryan

Why all the trouble? Is it 'Si' only in the US? is there any k20s available there?

Also how the hell did you register a genuine ee9? I looked into exporting my EF8 to the states and it was a bloodu nightmare!

I'm not being negative, just curious - I think I remember reading an import law that says you can't import a car to the US if a US equivalent was already sold there. Something to do with emissions?

In any case would'nt it have just been easier to move to a free country? ;)

This is rediculous! Rediculously amazing! The skill level of this is monstrous! Great job homie! Keep up the good work. I'd love to see this one in person.

Cheers,
Ryan

thanks man, im here by los angeles if you ever come down here.

Why all the trouble? Is it 'Si' only in the US? is there any k20s available there?

Also how the hell did you register a genuine ee9? I looked into exporting my EF8 to the states and it was a bloodu nightmare!

I'm not being negative, just curious - I think I remember reading an import law that says you can't import a car to the US if a US equivalent was already sold there. Something to do with emissions?

In any case would'nt it have just been easier to move to a free country? ;)

i believe the "SI" did only come out in the states... only thing i really admire about the usdm version is the factory sunroof. lol. and i got lucky with my ef9, i bought it as a bare shell which was already here in the states and legally registered. costs are rediculous to import cars. i had to buy every bit to complete it, my favorite were the ee9 seats front and back. much darker than the jdm ones. emissions are a pain in the ass here in the states, only cars pre 1976 i believe are emissions exempt. i wish itd be that easy to move to another country but then again my car will stand out once its complete with its ukdm makeover.lol.

So on my way to work this lady was backing out of her apartment complex.
She didnt pay attention to the cars coming and long story short this happened.

xXqlr.jpg

af7X7.jpg

kNzq5.jpg

Time for a little facelift though :)
Just some parts that I had laying around and some brand new oem honda replacement parts from the crash.

HvjF8.jpg

HQCwg.jpg

KUPod.jpg

A6kpo.jpg

pqF1l.jpg

detOs.jpg

jwIrU.jpg

nhqz9.jpg

75wr2.jpg

Od6c7.jpg

Who needs a truck? Lol

YJjUi.jpg

So a buddy of mine helped me pull out the damaged part of the core support.

JFls2.jpg

HFfBn.jpg

JFls2.jpg

35w2T.jpg

Az95Z.jpg

3Vsi6.jpg

i33aO.jpg

Installed the facelift headlights, fender, and bumper reinforcement for mock up.

3a75U.jpg

HdkIj.jpg

Isy2P.jpg

wC8Pf.jpg

Got the facelift front bumper mounted on with a brand new facelift grill :)

QPx6h.jpg

fXjcj.jpg

Very pleased with the fitment.

vbdry.jpg

pAOGy.jpg

MONEY SHOT

V6xUB.jpg

So we took everything apart and started doing the body work on the front bumper. Overall it was in relatively good condition beside a small crack under the right headlight.
So we fixed the crack with fiber glass.

roughed it up a little

uugoG.jpg

oPjJK.jpg

layed down the first layer of fiberglass

MagIN.jpg

XqXKW.jpg

birvC.jpg

Did a lot more work but stay tuned for pics, hopefully ill have more by tonight or tomorrow

<br /><br />
Modified by SIR EF9 at 11:17 AM 5/6/2012

Fast mover!

Gutted for the damage but a good excuse for the facelift!

Look forward to the updates. :smt023

Here are some small updates
These are the parts we have painted so far. I'm very pleased at the way they came out. My favorite are the mirrors!

0GuDG.jpg

EIT9W.jpg

p2Pov.jpg

i8ins.jpg

6J3tZ.jpg

WdD0g.jpg

YvcMx.jpg

T7ycQ.jpg

To bad that for US EP3 didn't come with K20A2 engine..K20A3 (160bhp) is not fast in EP3..
Nice build :D

tell me about it!
but the stock k20a3 motor that came with the car started knocking so I swapped in a k20a2 with the 6 speed transmission. :)

Almost forgot, a couple parts came in the mail today

vqasS.jpg

M6H1I.jpg

NzBGz.jpg

Ovjbv.jpg

Also to add, bought brand new Function & Form Coilovers

cFFCZ.jpg

NPJy7.jpg

u9tKh.jpg

yFIU7.jpg

eWjfX.jpg

& also some Project Kics Neo Chrome Lug Nuts to boot

IrvHu.jpg

g8LaC.jpg

Man you really don't hang about with this, pretty much guaranteed an update when I see you posting in the thread. :D

Keep it up mate, looks awesome.

Reminds me too, really need to get some new wheel bolts ordered!

Man you really don't hang about with this, pretty much guaranteed an update when I see you posting in the thread. :D

Keep it up mate, looks awesome.

Reminds me too, really need to get some new wheel bolts ordered!

thanks bro. really appreciate it. we've been busting ass on this build since the accident, especially collecting Type R parts. since i was using most of my stock usdm parts.lol

Back