• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ribbit's EP3

Little update

A few weeks ago i finally plucked up the courage to lower the Civic (first time I've lowered a car without taking it to the garage) set off with the fronts as i thought it'd be the harder of the set. Turns out it was a piece of cake, apart from needing 2 new tie rod ends it all went smoothly.

Moved onto the rear which was a little bit more difficult, as most of you know theres not much room to get a bar under to undo the bottom bolt, but with the help of a friend we managed to get the passenger side done. Awesome only the one corner to go...thats where it all came to a stop :mad: The bottom bolt decided it didn't want to budge so i left it a couple of days, spraying it with WD40 everyday. Came back to it and spent a couple of hours on it with no joy, even tore my muscle in the process.

Few days go by and i got the garage to collect it. They tried everything, heated it up, massive bar, then it eventually moved very slightly. Kept on going for about half an hour and it kept turning but wasn't coming out so seems like its f***ed. Anyway I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to grind the damn thing off.

Second hand genuine shock ordered and spring fitted ready to go straight on

New bolt ordered from Honda, and a free nut thanks to the parts guy :D

Haha nice to see someone having the same issue i had with my rear shock bolt. i just cut through mine after a few hours then just put another bolt through and stuck a nut on the end, the OEM bolts get stuck inside the bushings hense the slight movement but no release

Haha nice to see someone having the same issue i had with my rear shock bolt. i just cut through mine after a few hours then just put another bolt through and stuck a nut on the end, the OEM bolts get stuck inside the bushings hense the slight movement but no release

Yeah that's what the garage said, hopefully have it all sorted in the next couple of weeks.

What lowering springs have you gone for?

Ah right haha my bad. I've got a set of Skunk2 springs, heard mixed reviews but couldn't turn them down for the price.

There's always mixed reviews about most things, personal preference is always a good thing. if your happy with them then its all good !

Glad to hear the lowering wasn't too difficult, always one small bolt that holds the whole job up!

Back