• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

Anyone with EP3 standard rims should grab some of these! Great suggestion from Jimbothemagnificent! 3 of these for a pound (from hobbycraft), fits PERFECTLY between the spokes, making it ten times easier to clean!

IMG_2860_zpsgjvhwn92.jpg

Calipers look great. Love the choice of colour! What paint did you use? I've brought a tin from Ebay. Just hope its good. Only way I could get the colour I wanted which is purple! And I gotta ask.. what did you do to prep them for painting? I've got a wire brush at the ready! I've read break cleaner so will get that.

I used some paint from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Tech-Br...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item486ed4035b

For preparation I used this stuff, £4 from B&Q attached to a decent drill: http://www.trade-point.co.uk/power-tools/wire-brush-set/30897_TP.prd

Get as much paint off as you can, slap some paint on and bobs your uncle. I don't think its too important to get off all the paint, I certainly didn't fancy getting paint strippers etc involved, and the way I see it its better being protected slightly roughly than being flakey and rusting! Looks decent anyway!

That's an awesome tool, I'm going to hobbycraft immediately! Good find buddy.

Totally by accident, I ended up at this Honda meet at the Falkirk wheel today. We're you there??

Lol, what were YOU doing at a Honda meet? I didn't make it, went to Jamieboy's workshop to learn to weld instead!

That's an awesome tool, I'm going to hobbycraft immediately! Good find buddy.

Lol, what were YOU doing at a Honda meet? I didn't make it, went to Jamieboy's workshop to learn to weld instead!

Looked a bit fcuking out of place I tell you. Friend of mine has a DC2 and I'll try anything once... Lol

Well after about 5 months I have decided to make a build thread. There will be lots of repairs and restorations as I slowly get her up to the high standard I thought I was buying when I got her, keep finding things that are wrong or not as they should be so trying to rectify them all bit by bit.

For those who don't know me, my name is Grant, I live just outside of Edinburgh and I love jap cars. I've learnt a great deal already on this site, and the chat isn't half bad either.

Picked up my first type R at the end of November 2014 and loved every moment (excluding trips to the garage). Every full tank starts with super economic driving and then ends up being the opposite once I reach my target miles for a tank.

Plans for the time being (maybe in this order):

Service (Including sparks/air filter)
New front Honda badge
Paint brake calipers (either light-blue/pink/red)
Restore headlights
Upgrade brake discs/pads - New entry
Mugen replica spoiler
Jimbos' special door katana handles
XXRs/ Rotas - New entry
Short-shifter
Restorerd rocker cover
Front strut brace
Lowering Springs
Maybe pre-facelift rear lights

Anyway here's a few pics:

17053122956_7ec2b11eb4_b.jpg
[/URL]Sea Joy by RichEz91, on Flickr[/IMG]
16456632704_9094f2c6d1_b.jpg
[/URL]Sight Seeing (mirin) by RichEz91, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nice Premier Edition Cosmic Grey mate :)

Nice Premier Edition Cosmic Grey mate :)

Thank you buddy.

The car looks great, love the cosmic!!

Cheers, she's holding up not too bad for a 55 I guess!

Drivers seat has been doing my head in for a while, as its creaking slightly when I move/ any sort of bump in the road. Off it came for a good lube at all moving parts. Fingers crossed that sorts it out!

Was quite a pain to get back in, had never done it before so had stupidly lifted it by the move-seat-back-and-forwards-on-the-rails-lever which made both rails be at different levels, making it a right cnut to get back in. Lesson learnt!

IMG_2934_zpsaamo0owf.jpg

Thank you buddy.

Cheers, she's holding up not too bad for a 55 I guess!

Drivers seat has been doing my head in for a while, as its creaking slightly when I move/ any sort of bump in the road. Off it came for a good lube at all moving parts. Fingers crossed that sorts it out!

Was quite a pain to get back in, had never done it before so had stupidly lifted it by the move-seat-back-and-forwards-on-the-rails-lever which made both rails be at different levels, making it a right cnut to get back in. Lesson learnt!

IMG_2934_zpsaamo0owf.jpg

I also have a 55 plate:)
And this picture makes me laugh because of the seat annoyed you and the seat deserved the middle finger :p

Finally got round to fitting a vtec light (have fancied giving this a bash for a while). Finally get everything in position and then this happens...

Teaches me not to buy 1 of each component, back to Maplin we go!

Wire I had was a bit thick anyway, and teaches me not to be so heavy handed. Also managed to kerb an alloy at the weekend which is looking a bit rough, can't decide to give them a refurb soon, splash out on some new (used) alloys or just plastidip them for the winter (stealing Shifty's idea here). Insurance is due this month so will see how funds are after that's paid off!

IMG_3311_zpsm0m48msx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Did this sort it for you? My drivers seat has started doing it now, passenger one has been for a while but tend not to carry to many so wasn't a concern.

Car is looking good!

Think it's a common issue the premier seats creaking. Mine do it occasionally. A good lube up tends to help the issue.

Yeah just took it out and sprayed some lube everywhere. Make sure you get the bit between the seat and the seatbelt clip bit, might be coming from there

Lovely car, love them in Cosmic Grey. Made that mistake on my EK9 when removing the seats, took me and a mate 20 minutes to get them back in correctly :mad:

Back