• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Right turn=Loss of power!

when i turn hard to the right the engine loses all power and dies, i can start it straight away and it goes but as you could imageing the car dieing when i turn right is becomeing a problem. it dosent seem to happen when i dip the clutch before i turn.

any ideas as the cause?

regards
danny

Last edited by a moderator:
That's certainly an odd one. How's your oil level looking?

Do you have to chuck it in or would it die if you were doing right hand down whilst parking?

I'll say it before anyone else does, don't turn hard right then ;)

Does the engine stall or just cut out dead?

by hard right i mean any thing more than a small turn in the road for example a 45-90degree corner...speed isnt a factor really.
havent tried parking so cannot comment if it affects that.

it stalls and all the engine lights come on then i just turn the key and it goes again.

It's the Blue Steel DC5, except it can't turn right and not left. :lol:

20070914151502-0-5550.jpg

A5eGn1EsS2h2AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Ah so it does it no matter what g's your doing? If your moving along at say 5mph and turn right it stalls/cuts out on you?

if i turn the wheels hard that direction yes, not if i slowly try and make the turn, or if i dip the clutch turn then go.

not yet unfortunalty im at work and will not be able to check till tonight!
you think a simple top up and the problem will go away?

not yet unfortunalty im at work and will not be able to check till tonight!
you think a simple top up and the problem will go away?
Depends if it's low or not, but it'd be the first thing I would check.

Just an idea, but when I was having problems with the electronic load detector circuit I had some strange symptoms. When turning the wheel to the left at slow speed the revs would drop away as if it was about to stall (on a few occasions it did). Certainly check the oil first as others have said, but a problem with the ELD will not necessarily make the EML light come on.
I would say after that get it checked for any fault codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back