• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Riken UHP tyres?

Hi guys,

I am thinking of going for Riken UHP tyres, anyone used this particular brand before, if so whats the reliablity and performance like on them? Looking to put them on my EP3, cheers.

Hi guys,

I am thinking of going for Riken UHP tyres, anyone used this particular brand before, if so whats the reliablity and performance like on them? Looking to put them on my EP3, cheers.
Never used them but Riken tyres are produced in the Michelin factory so they can't be that bad :)

Personally I would only be putting something like Pilot Sport or Goodyear Eagle F1(whatever version the latest is on now).

Saw this posted on another forum and I fully agree with it:

I've never understood this attitude. One of the only times that the difference between any two tyres is absolutely critical is in an emergency stop situation, potentially saving your life or the life of another. It doesn't matter if your car is a Polo or a LaFerrari, the limiting factor in stopping you is the tyre. Last time I looked, the difference between the best of the best UUHP tyre and the 10th best UUHP tyre in stopping distance is ~10m, which from 60mph is the difference between hitting something at ~20mph and not hitting anything at all.

Fit the best tyre you can possibly fit for the size available. Midrange tyres might as well not exist IMO and budgets ought to be illegal.

Thank you all! I have decided to go for the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3. Got children nowadays so best to be safe than sorry.

Back