• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RM01A Exhaust

Bought this 2nd hand and received today. I spent alot of money on it but something just doesn't look right with the bracket:(. It looks bent......really badly and doesn't compare too well to pictures I've seen on line:confused:.
I dont want to embarrass myself by taking it somewhere for them to tell they cant do anything with it.
For those that have had or have the RM01A exhaust have a look at pics and see what you think.
Picture037.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture038.jpg

:(

Yes mate, thats bent to fcuk.

Looks like its been laid down and had a weight put on it.

Maybe it can be heated up and bent back into position.

Thanks Dotty,knew it didn't look right.Gutted. Spent 450 notes on this and its in great condition apart from this:(. Any suggestions as to what I do next? I bought of a member on here and also ctro.

***EDIT***

No I lie, take a look at the pic....

260-52061.jpg

Mine looked nothing like that at all though :freak: .

I'll know in several days if it's EP3 or not when I get my fresh RM01A...

If it can be of any comfort, if it turns out to be bent, just heat it with a blowtorch and bend it back... It's a five minute job mate...

Only problem being that I would need another RM01A to measure it up against surely? It wouldn't sit right otherwise. Also I'm no good with a blow torch and dont know many people or garages around here that would be willing to help me out.
Thanks Suits for the picture, cant even see your fixing nut. I cant get my head round this and I'm really f**ked off. Waited so long for one and then its a duff one:(

Last edited by a moderator:
suits i think your bracket was fitted the wrong way, look at the bottom of box and bracket they have a round locating hole ?

Only problem being that I would need another RM01A to measure it up against surely? It wouldn't sit right otherwise. Also I'm no good with a blow torch and dont know many people or garages around here that would be willing to help me out.
Thanks Suits for the picture, cant even see your fixing nut. I cant get my head round this and I'm really f**ked off. Waited so long for one and then its a duff one:(

I reckon if you turn your bracket the other way around, you just might have the same as Suit's. I'll confirm as soon as I have mine though...

suits i think your bracket was fitted the wrong way, look at the bottom of box and bracket they have a round locating hole ?

Yeah, I noticed this too, there was two locating lumps on it though.

The exhaust you see on my old EP3 was the same one that was fitted to Dotty's and IIRC, James@touge's too.

Yeah, I noticed this too, there was two locating lumps on it though.

The exhaust you see on my old EP3 was the same one that was fitted to Dotty's and IIRC, James@touge's too.

just checked mine, it has two locating lumps too ? looks like two ways to fit bracket

just checked mine, it has two locating lumps too ? looks like two ways to fit bracket

Its a possibility that its the brackets that differ between cars and the actual units are the same, hence the two mounting points :? .

Back