• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rosco's Milano FN2

Hi all, i've been hanging around this forum for a few months now so i thought it was about time i started a members car thread! I picked up my FN2 in April, part exed my Corsa VXR for it! it's an 08 plate in milano red!
i havent got any mega money plans for it as the mrs has been made redundant, so the modding budget is limited for the forseeable future! here it is anyhow:

IMG_0225.jpg

here's what's on the mods list:

- intake
- unsilenced midpipe (if money allows)
- lowered suspension
- decals
- wind deflectors
- engine bay bling
- footwell lighting kit
- calipers painted
- front end respray (ive got £400 put aside for this but im waiting until it gets really bad)
- owners club decals

if all goes welli#ll get this lot done soonish!

Grill badge was very first mod! it's a stick on tailgate badge, i didnt realise you could get an actual grill badge (you couldnt for the VXR) so this is on there for now! it's stuck pretty solid so im happy!

IMG_0267.jpg

next up was the intake! i couldnt really afford the stretch for an HKS and certainly not the really expensive ones, so i went for an AEM shortram! i know it's not everyones cup of tea but i certainly looks good and really growls on full throttle! for the money i was spending all i really expected was to make the car sound as sporty as it looks and its done that! no noticeable gains!

IMG_0244.jpg

a length of aluminium air duct from the oe feed, tried to get it so it would be blowing cold (ish) air around the area where the cone will be!

IMG_0246.jpg

there's the kit fitted im happy with it so far! spoke to Tegiwa and they assure me they will be selling a heat shield for the FN2 soon so i'll be buying one of those as soon as!

next up was wind deflectors, went for the Heko's

IMG_0270.jpg

i really like the look of these on the car!

that's it for now, Tein S-Tech springs and red footwell lighting kit on order! i was quoted £120 plus vat for fitting the springs! does anyone think that's a little high?

Making moves! Looks smart :smt023

That price sounds about right for fitting the springs.

next up was wind deflectors, went for the Heko's

IMG_0270.jpg

i really like the look of these on the car!

that's it for now, Tein S-Tech springs and red footwell lighting kit on order! i was quoted £120 plus vat for fitting the springs! does anyone think that's a little high?

Hi pal and welcome, i'm picking up my Eibachs and getting the job done Wednesday. My price with the fast road front set up, all springs changed and laser front camber set up is £100. Pretty much the same price as yours :cool:

Hi pal and welcome, i'm picking up my Eibachs and getting the job done Wednesday. My price with the fast road front set up, all springs changed and laser front camber set up is £100. Pretty much the same price as yours :cool:

Are you going for the 15mm drop buddy? Post up some before & after photos when it's done if you can, would love to see it!

Are you going for the 15mm drop buddy? Post up some before & after photos when it's done if you can, would love to see it!

15 mm it is fella, 100% i will upload before and after pictures at the weekend. I cant wait as i have been wanting to do this for ages :smt047.

15 mm it is fella, 100% i will upload before and after pictures at the weekend. I cant wait as i have been wanting to do this for ages :smt047.

My tein s-techs turned up this morning! Should be getting them fitted on Saturday! 15mm front 20mm rear so very similar to yours! :)

I've been meaning to get my calipers painted for a while now, but being as indecisive as I am i dont know what would look good with milano red! Any opinions?

Aye, or buy a part used tin from fleabay and then sell it on afterwards!

First bit on engine bay bling since the intake! Spoon ressy socks!

IMG_0277.jpg

hopefully going to replace all hoses with red silicons, teigiwa aluminium heat shield for the filter, battery tie bar (who sells these on here by the way?) mugen oil cap and if i'm feeling really ambitious i might even get the covers out and paint them :cool:

Forum graphics also! Thanks to Mook!

IMG_0280.jpg

i've got the side deacals to go on when i've got a bit more time! it already had the old skool side decals on when i bought it so i've got to get them off! any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
just been on the phone to the garage where i might be getting my springs fitted and they have now said that the front shockers have to come off to fit the front springs, so all in all it will be 4 hours labour and they want to charge me £200!

does that sound right or am i being ripped?

just been on the phone to the garage where i might be getting my springs fitted and they have now said that the front shockers have to come off to fit the front springs, so all in all it will be 4 hours labour and they want to charge me £200!

does that sound right or am i being ripped?

Well i got charged £20 a corner to fit the springs, although that was mates rates £200 seems expensive. Are they doing the FRSU ?

Back