• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rota Torques - Black with Red Lip (Time Attack)

Hey guys, have been searching everywhere and cant seem to find these rims. The closest i got is a flatt black.

Would anyone have any idea where i could get them and if they actually do them in this edition in 17s?

Thanks alot,

Nigel

I could call him now..just to make sure, what would be max fittment for the ep3? Would 17 x 8.5 or 18 x 8.5 be to wide??

8.5 will be too wide mate, it will ruin the handling.

Max 7.5 on a EP3 IMO.

Ahh i see, what would be the disadvantages of goin for 8? wouldnt you get more grip?

It would have a negative effect on the handling, the wider track would throw out a lot of the research done by Honda on chassis performance and optimisation.

Yeah, wider tyres would give you more grip but you dont need it. The +'s weighted against the -'s would put you in a worse position than you were before you started.

There's a reason the EP3 comes with the wheels it comes with ;) .

It would have a negative effect on the handling, the wider track would throw out a lot of the research done by Honda on chassis performance and optimisation.

Yeah, wider tyres would give you more grip but you dont need it. The +'s weighted against the -'s would put you in a worse position than you were before you started.

There's a reason the EP3 comes with the wheels it comes with .

you got a point there and thats why i would not go for 18's..

just got my kpro fitted and hitting around 245bhp but i have excessive wheel spin and thats why i want to get a slightly wider alloy (7.5) to get 225's on (prob the new Neova AD08's)..

Should i go for 225/45/17 or 215/40/17? Or is there any other reccomendation?

I was running at 201bhp at the wheels in my EP3, but I only really got wheel spin in first if I nailed it.

May I suggest being a little more lighter on your starts???

I was running at 201bhp at the wheels in my EP3, but I only really got wheel spin in first if I nailed it.

May I suggest being a little more lighter on your starts???

I think the problem is that our roads are not of good quality, limiting our grip.

I get alot of wheel spin even on seond in cornering aswell due to much more lower down torque now.

I definetly feel the need car is lacking sufficient grip, even before when standard! Currently running 205's T1R's..

The car feels as though it needs a wider and better tyre..that why im goin for the AD08's...just need to know what specs are best for the CTR...225/45/17? 215/40/17?? Anything else? :smt017

Have you had the geometry done??

A Fast Road Set Up would help a lot with grip, even more so in the bends.

Not as yet, however that is something i am gona do as soon as i get my coilovers..

At the moment i need to decide what rim and tyre i should go for..225/45/17? 215/40/17?

I ran 215/40/17's on my OEM wheels and were more than happy with them.

Yoko Prada Spec II's too be precise.

Back