• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rotrex fitting

Evening all.I'm setting about fitting my charger this weekend. Ive got the rad off and was looking at the space for the belt. Is it just a fiddly job or is it a case of undoing engine mounts to gain access?

The belt route has a tensioner, slacken the tensioner and fit the belt.

Thanks loxy.Yeah i know there is an auto tensioner just didn't look much room. I guess its just a tight job.

You get to the bottom of the route through the arch liner, apart from that it should be easy enough to get to.

you got a bottom mount kit mate? Im busy fitting mine at moment too, intake piping is abit of a joke!

Hi mate yeah i have. All done now. Drill a hole in the pipe before fitting and place a grommet in it for the IAT sensor. Any help you want just ask. Its all a bit fiddly but straight forward

mines intercooled, the pipe has a hole in it with a oring and plate to bolt on for the IAT sensor

yeah full kit from tts, intake pipes are a nightmare plus i want to relocate filter to engine bay

Yeah its all shoehorned in. I had to get a flexi hose to replace bottom rad hose. Not keen on the filter sitting on end of charger behind rad either.

yeah ive yet to test fit mine looks like its gonna be tight against the charger elbow. Mine runs along and under the engine mount then into the front of the wheel arch, not ideal for water etc so want to relocate into the bay

The joys of modified cars. In case you're wondering where to pick up the vacuum for dump valve from. There is a vac hose on the left of inlet manifold just above the alternator. T into that

Dynoed today... made 330 bhp @ 7700rpm. Intake temp was too high to rev out further otherwise would be a touch more. Quite happy

Not bad at all mate. Where did you get dynoed at? How did you come on with map etc, did you trailer car to tuners?

Tts performance mapped it. They also put a base map on my ecu so i could drive it there to be set up properly. Need to intercool it really

Back