• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rough time for a standard CTR on 1/4 mile???

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Just been thinking about doing a couple of runs down @ Santa Pod on one of the RWYB days this year & just wondering what sort of time you should look to get with a standard CTR?

No overly worried as I'm not a race driver, just interested what sort of time would be classed as respectable.

:D

If it's completly stock then your lookin at ealry 15's ( 15.2-15.5) or if you lucky very late 14's ( 14.8-14.9 ).

My best in a standard CTR was 15.019.

I could not hit a sub 15 second run. :(

I am a bit of a burden on the PTWR though. :wink:

Scousefella said:

Join the club mate that's why I upped the power

Friendy said:
Scousefella said:

Join the club mate that's why I upped the power

I think your CTR goes a bit quicker now though. 8)

Never run mine. Though it's not standard I don't think I'd get a fantastic result. I can't launch the car very well :oops:

Nor do the 1st to 2nd change properly :oops:

MilanoChris said:
Never run mine. Though it's not standard I don't think I'd get a fantastic result. I can't launch the car very well :oops:

That's why I don't go down the strip, my best 0 - 60 is 6.2 seconds :oops: , but I did manage wheel spin all the way to 80mph

Friendy said:
MilanoChris said:

That's why I don't go down the strip, my best 0 - 60 is 6.2 seconds :oops: , but I did manage wheel spin all the way to 80mph

At least I'm not the only one :lol:

MilanoChris said:

Only time I ever launched the CTR was the one I test drove @ a dealers & got away spot on. But it was in the middle of summer, the tarmac was lovely & warm & tires were also warm.

Trying to launch with Pots on the cold tarmac this time of the year is HARD work I reckon.

Even with an enthusiastic pull away from the lights in this weather causes too much wheel hop imo.

I think Carl ( N77 ) has got the hang of launching off the line, he always seems to get respectable times.

SpaceMonkey said:
MilanoChris said:

Only time I ever launched the CTR was the one I test drove @ a dealers & got away spot on. But it was in the middle of summer, the tarmac was lovely & warm & tires were also warm.

Trying to launch with Pots on the cold tarmac this time of the year is HARD work I reckon.

Even with an enthusiastic pull away from the lights in this weather causes too much wheel hop imo.

Don't get me wrong, I've done it a few times. It's not something I practice too much in all honesty. I can swap cogs once on the move lightning fast though whilst heel and toeing :lol:

From Extensive visits to Santa Pod and other drag strips times below

Standard CTR = 15.5-14.9 Seconds Over 15.5 Seconds (learn to drive)
Standard with Induction and Exhaust 15.1/14.7 Seconds
Header / Induction 14.9/14.1 Seconds (you wont break 14 Seconds)

Supercharged = 14.1/13.1 Possible to do very high 12 Seconds I recon
:?:

Main thing to look for is cars crossing the line with terminal over 100 MPH, this is a good judge of actual BHP that the cars are running, In standard form a CTR will be hard pushed to break 100 MPH with some mods this will be getting closer to 100MPH. Even if you have a crappy start and get a not so good time the Terminal will still give a good indication of overall BHP the car has.

Over 15.5 learn to drive - LOL !!
I remember someone "Borrowing" my car and getting an 18's :shock:

I wonder who that was :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:

And we have witnesses to prove it 8)

Over 15.5 learn to drive - LOL !!
I remember someone "Borrowing" my car and getting an 18's [Shocked]

I wonder who that was [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing] [Exclamation]

And we have witnesses to prove it [Cool]

You lied to me about the spec of the car though, and as I have a habbit of destroying clutches I was taking it easy :p

Back