• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RRC

Hi, I have just got an RRC manifold ordered, was hoping you fine gents could tell me what I need to fit it to the ep3, does it need the adapter plate? And what pipes etc are needed? thanks in advance

I think you need alot more than that mate for the RRC, i only know of TDi North fitting these and they are a pain in the butt to fit

RRC is meant for the Drive By Wire throttle bodied cars. It originally comes from an FD2 but will fit a FN2/CL7 pretty much as a bolt on.

Shaenei looked into this a while back I think. It is certainly very doable on an EP3. The thread is here: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?71865-Remapping-and-fitting-RBC

If I remember correctly it is something to do with the idle control and there needs to be a hole drilled in the inlet manifold where it meets the throttle body, but I'm not 100%.

Are you sure it is an RRC and not the RBC? People usually go for the RBC on an EP3 K20a2 engine, but the RRC is reported to get better results.

Paul at TDi-North definitely knows what is needed because I know for a fact he's fitted one to a DC5 with a K20a engine, but from the sounds of it he's done quite a few. Give him a bell and let us know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had a chat to TDi about it, it is doable, they told me how, I am thinking about just going to them for it though, but I like to mod my own car, I like to feel that I have done the work, all part of the fun!

I've read recently that putting an RRC into an EP3 will result you in losing 90% of the slam panel and maybe the locking mech for the bonnet.

Obviously that's only guess work as no ones been brave enough to do it yet

The RRC is shorter than the RBC. Just installed one. Ignore the rumours, the RRC works fins non-DBW, just get the karcepts throttle body plate and its a bolt up mod. Expect great gains.

If the EP3 bay is anything like a DC5, then yes, expect to atleast remove the bonnet stand's clip from the front core support.

Back