• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rumble noise after stalling

Morning all, I was on my way back from dropping my wheels off for a refurb when I was sitting in traffic. As I came off the clutch bit early and not enough throttle the car stalled. Struggled to start so gave it some throttle and it was fine.

After that, I noticed a rumble on low acceleration and deceleration. Car started up first time when I tried again afterwards and all seems ok. Vtec engages well as normal. Just getting this rumble/rattle and not sure what it. I did check the inlet manifold cover but don't think it was that as I had recently tightened this up. I could hear the noise when it was parked up and I rev'd the throttle a little bit, mainly noticeable up to around 4000rpm. I am very sensitive to noise and with the lack of sound deadening in the ep3, I worry about any kind of noise.

If anyone has had this before or may know what it is, please let me know, cheers!

Back