• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

running a sports manifold and decat

hi is any running this set up with out a kpro ecu, i know the car will be running rich with out it being mapped but how bad is it ? will the car be under performing

Car could potentially run lean with it on. Are you looking to fit Kpro/K100 soon after?

There are a few people which do run them without getting the mapping done but i wouldnt advise it buddy. There wont be any power increase either, waste of time if you ask me

Hi bud thanks for the reply, what it is ive seen a good exhaust set up that i like, ive already got a spoon b-pipe so want a decent set up ive got a rolling road day booked in a couple of weeks and just wondered if i bolted these parts on would i gain any thing on the day as i wouldnt have the cash till next month for a new ecu

Hi bud thanks for the reply, what it is ive seen a good exhaust set up that i like, ive already got a spoon b-pipe so want a decent set up ive got a rolling road day booked in a couple of weeks and just wondered if i bolted these parts on would i gain any thing on the day as i wouldnt have the cash till next month for a new ecu

From what ive read a decat needs mapped to see any gains from standard. I think the b-pipe might free up a couple of ponies. But you will notice all your mods more after a map.

And remember, even if theres no peak power gains from a map, it will smooth out your power curve and make it alot more fun/responsive to drive.

I'm running a decat and mani. No kpro at the mo. Personally i can definately feel the gains. It pulls more aggressively in vtec. Fitted both at the same time though.
A cat actually burns fuel when the car is warming up to warm the cat up as quickly as possible. But otherwise yes the car will run a bit leaner to try and compensate. I haven't had a problem with it so far. When i'm driving at 70mph on the motorway to work and back i still get just shy of 300 from a tank, but i always fill up before the light comes on.

Think all mani's differ though.

When I was getting my EP3 mapped we did a run on *** OEM map to see what just the bolt on mods actually gave.

I saw an increase of 5bhp when I ran a Gruppe M, Spoon decat, Spoon B pipe and a JDM 4-2.

It then jumped to a further gain of 23 when I applied the new map.

When I was getting my EP3 mapped we did a run on *** OEM map to see what just the bolt on mods actually gave.

I saw an increase of 5bhp when I ran a Gruppe M, Spoon decat, Spoon B pipe and a JDM 4-2.

It then jumped to a further gain of 23 when I applied the new map.

Was that 228bhp then? Arent those low figures for the mods?

Was that 228bhp then? Arent those low figures for the mods?

The JDM 4-2 isn't that great, you have to remember that it's an OEM part after all and the power in these K20's is made in the header.

I later chnaged my set up to Gruppe 'M - TODA race header - Fujitsubo RM01A, which made 241bhp, 201 at the wheels.

The JDM 4-2 isn't that great, you have to remember that it's an OEM part after all and the power in these K20's is made in the header.

I later chnaged my set up to Gruppe 'M - TODA race header - Fujitsubo RM01A, which made 241bhp, 201 at the wheels.

Those toda's are pretty awesome. What made you change from the spoon to the fujitsubo?

cool thanks for the replys and especialy suits for giving me always good advice, think im going to start with a cat back then gradualy build it up for a map

cool thanks for the replys and especialy suits for giving me always good advice, think im going to start with a cat back then gradualy build it up for a map

You've got the right idea there.

If I was to build a guide to NA tunning, where you build your parts up it would be as so;

1. Intake or cat back first - which ever takes your fancy really, me personally I went for the intake.
  2. Race header - If your going to do it, you may as well go all the way and get a one piece full race header without a CAT (don't fit it though).
  3. ECU - Either KPro or K100 the difference is that the K100 comes without a lot of the extra frills that the KPro has, like a user interface, data logging and launch control etc... I bought a K100. When fitting this get your race header fitted at the same time, this is the perfect combo IMO, you will feel a big difference and will be running safe.
  4. Intake manifold and throttle body - Now you have reached the higher areas of NA tunning, where a few extra ponies will cost you a lot of money. Popular choice is the RBC and then a wider bore throttle body to get even more air into the chambers. Bare in mid that any work done here on in will still require a tweak to the map to get it working, ££££££'s.
  5. Don't bother IMO, its serious money now and a lot of work, head work, maybe cams, there's a few areas that you can get some extra power from but by now you will be hovering around the 250bhp area and the car will feel great anyway and if you've followed the above and bought resonably cheap you still would have racked up about £4000.
  6. Forced induction (FI).
Stage 4 can be included ino stage 3 if you buy the parts first and hold them back like in stage 2, you will save yourself another cost of a extra remap.

Second hand parts are your friend ;) .

hi is any running this set up with out a kpro ecu, i know the car will be running rich with out it being mapped but how bad is it ? will the car be under performing

I looked up numerous pages and info on the net for this answer. 99% of the people advised me not to put a race header without mapping.
Well, let's say I'm stupid, persistent and stubborn because against all advice I fitted a DCRH yesterday.

Must be your lucky day, because I have an answer ready for you!
Runnig it now combined with a Fujitsubo RM01A, stock intake, no remap.

The header definately gives power, especially in higher rpm ranges, car is really more agressive.
Difference really is there. And I really don't imagine things, the car pulls faster in 3th gear vtec, it didn't pull like that before the header.

I used a mechanical O2 sim, best use an L shaped if you would swap headers as there isn't much space between the heatshield and the O2 sensor. I had to cut the heatshield and bend it over to make more room for it.

However, I can't say I recommend you to put on the header. If anything goes wrong, don't shoot me, anyway, I enjoy my "upgrade" for now, even without mapping

I know this will b random but where did u get the fujitsubo exhaust. And how much.

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

ECU - Either KPro or K100 the difference is that the K100 comes without a lot of the extra frills that the KPro has, like a user interface, data logging and launch control etc... I bought a K100. When fitting this get your race header fitted at the same time, this is the perfect combo IMO, you will feel a big difference and will be running safe.

You can still have launch control with K100.

Back