• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Running at pod problems - HELP NEEDED!!

Guys i need some advice....

i ran a pod 3 times on Sunday and well im pretty pi**ed cos my times were pants (my best time was 14.1) . Im sure you guys would have come across this, when i pull away the whole front end of my car bounces and wheels spins like crazy (like when its really wet). I had the same problem a while back so i fitted uprated enguine mounts and every thing seems fine, until yesterday it ruined all 3 runs as i spent most of the time covering a couple of meters and then once it had calmed down i was off!! Is there anything else i can get that will help?? ie, will the enguine damper help??

The ony decent start i had was against a mint DC5 and i forgot to turn the nos on and lost at the very end!! Not a good day and im not very happy!!

:(

Any thoughts welcome please....

An engine damper will help too.

But sounds like your just being too heavy footed to me mate.
I never suffered wheel hop once with uprated engine mounts in the DC5.

I was the same - i only had it a couple of times, maybe i should be a bit more gentle then.... it was doing it from 1st all the way through to 3rd!!

How are you launching? Rev level etc?

Matey first of all sorry for getting the hump with you in one of the other topics - i was having a crappy day!!

I was setting off around 4k rpm - thats pretty normal isnt it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Matey first of all sorry for getting the hump with you in one of the other topics - i was having a crappy day!!

I was setting off around 4k rpm - thats pretty normal isnt it??
Don't worry about it. I'm always having crappy days, that's why I'm such a c*nt!

It's all trial and error. I think Chris was advised (before Sunday) to launch at about 3k. sounds to me like you just had problems getting the power down. A slightly lower starting rev would probably help this.

What you really need is some low down torque... Oh well... :p

Mate i was thinking about it!!! so is it not worth going for the enguine damper and a dif???????

Yes its worth getting them - get the diff before you do anything though. Its not easy with street tires and drag racing with the ep3.

Whats your complete spec? Did you lower your tire pressures? That helps too.

Yes its worth getting them - get the diff before you do anything though. Its not easy with street tires and drag racing with the ep3.

Whats your complete spec? Did you lower your tire pressures? That helps too.

The spec - DC sport manifold and exhaust, aem short ram filter, i got my enguine mounts from abp, hondata k100, bigger injectors 650 i think, and dry nos kit the last 3 were fitted by cpl. and on the rollers they got 310.9 bhp.

Do you have a progressive controller??

Tires down to 15psi 1st of all.

You defo need a diff too.

Then get some slicks and pop all the gas on right off the line - should see you in the 12's no problem

Do you have a progressive controller??

Tires down to 15psi 1st of all.

You defo need a diff too.

Then get some slicks and pop all the gas on right off the line - should see you in the 12's no problem

Yeah Guy fitted a progressive controller aswell 12 really...wow!!! Well thanks mate i will be doing that!!! Next question slicks which ones and how much do you any links i can use?????

Speak to Guy @ CPL and you can get a set we all use including the TDI lads too. £360 for the tires and about £200 for the wheels. Sounds expensive but your nitrous will go to good use and get the power on the ground as opposed to spinning it all away down the track.

From what a lot of people were saying, traction off the line on Sunday was crap. I was hoping for 14 deadish, but I'm happy with 14.6. Didn't bother lowering my tyres though, set off at about 3k and wheelspan a bit, then spun some more in second.

The track over the weekend was the best its ever been. I did suffer 60fts not as good as usual but I think the cold weather played an important part in this too..........

Back