• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Running costs of the CTR!

I've done this before when I bought it the car but now after almost 4 years of ownership this is what I am currently paying to keep my baby on the road.

£205 - Road Tax
£850 - Insurance
£55 - MOT
£250 - Service
£280 - Tyres
£100 - Cleaning Products
£1300 - Petrol
£200 - Extended Warranty
£150 - Maintenance Parts (Wipers/Pads/Pollen Filter/Bulbs etc)
-------------------------
£3390 Per Year :eek: (This is on top of the cost of mods!)

Is this generally what people are paying?

Where can savings be made?

Your insurance seems a bit high. But otherwise everything else looks about normal.
I keep trying to improve on my own running costs. Im going to supply my own parts for the next service see if that improves on the dealers high service price, but I just dont think their are many areas to save money. Just be glad we dont drive Focus ST'eez. My freind tries to drive his as economically as he can and it still goes through petrol like theres a hole in the tank.
I think these modern day hatches have moved the level up a notch or two from the 80s hothatch period before the high insurance premiums killed them off. And consequently they are a little more costly to own. But pound for performance, I still think the running costs are reasonable.

£205 - Road Tax
£850 - Insurance....... Call A Plan in Thatcham.. might be able to help you out. (see Traders)

£55 - MOT -..........Get your MOT and service done together at a non- honda garage or take it to TGM in Fleet :D
£250 - Service ......as above.
£280 - Tyres.......are you paying this each year?? How much mileage/ track days are you doing?
£100 - Cleaning Products- Hummm, avoidable by not spending so much. Get essentials or buy in bulk from the Traders section.
£1300 - Petrol..try using 99. I got about 20-30 miles extra out of a tank.
£200 - Extended Warranty..how old is it? if its less than 4, don't bother. It's a Honda.

Wipers- get from TGM/ traders section on here - but shouldn' t need those every year.
Pads- unavoidable if you drive her hard.
Pollen filters- you can buy from Halfruads for about £12 and fit yourself. (PM me or Zeffania for details)
Bulbs... from any Car suppliers store, fit yourself... again, please ask me if you're not sure..)

Most parts can be sorted your self, if you have the time and the effort- but it can result in savings :cool:

Same except:
Insurance - £499 (from A-plan)
Service - £120 + £50 Motul oil (from Oilman)
Laser wheel alignment - £80
MOT - £45 or whatever the cost is
Tyres - £110 each - replaced two this year
4 Pads & 2 rear discs - £80 (second hand discs from Classifieds here)
Fitting pads & discs - £130
Petrol - guestimate £960 (£80 per month)
No warranty

All work done at Honda Cambridge with drop off & pick up service to my work place when I leave my car with them.

Not to forget DEPRECIATION! I think mine has lost £4500 (if not more) over the last 2.5 years.

Tax - same as others
insurance - 920
tyres - 50 each from Toyo
fuel - 4500

the end :lol:

I am bleeding out £1700 on insurance with budget despite me being 30 and female :smt022
6 points in 1 day 3 yrs ago (driving on the speed trap corridor that is the A74 on a 24hr 3 peaks challenge)
Dodgy postcode.
No NCB (company cars)
An unlucky episode with a white van which ploughed into my company fiesta side on at a mini roundabout and took me 30m down the road with him. I end up with stitches in my head and making cups of tea with no water in for 3 weeks, he walks away and then puts a PI claim against me 2 yrs later, that I dont find out about until 3 yrs later when I leave the company and get my own car insured. The claim is still open and my premiums are causing me to jabber like a turkey on web forums.
:rant:

I just got a quote off A-Plan, they came back with £2000. :smt019

In 2 yrs time I might have costs like yours [-o<

I've done this before when I bought it the car but now after almost 4 years of ownership this is what I am currently paying to keep my baby on the road.

£205 - Road Tax
£850 - Insurance
£55 - MOT
£250 - Service
£280 - Tyres
£100 - Cleaning Products
£1300 - Petrol
£200 - Extended Warranty
£3390 Per Year :eek: (This is on top of the cost of mods!)

Is this generally what people are paying?

Where can savings be made?

Im about the same id say, but tbh, my car is my hobbie. I love driving, cleaning and generally showing it off. So for a hobbie, its not bad.

I use to DJ for around 4 years (all bedroom stuff really) and records were averaging out at a fiver a pop. I have a little over 5000 records. So doing the maths that makes it over £6250 a year :eek: ....just on vinyl, which doesnt include the £100 headphones, two Techinics decks at £350 each and a mixer of £430.

So looking at it like that......Its not bad at all

I am bleeding out £1700 on insurance with budget despite me being 30 and female :smt022
6 points in 1 day 3 yrs ago (driving on the speed trap corridor that is the A74 on a 24hr 3 peaks challenge)
Dodgy postcode.
No NCB (company cars)
An unlucky episode with a white van which ploughed into my company fiesta side on at a mini roundabout and took me 30m down the road with him. I end up with stitches in my head and making cups of tea with no water in for 3 weeks, he walks away and then puts a PI claim against me 2 yrs later, that I dont find out about until 3 yrs later when I leave the company and get my own car insured. The claim is still open and my premiums are causing me to jabber like a turkey on web forums.
:rant:

I just got a quote off A-Plan, they came back with £2000. :smt019

In 2 yrs time I might have costs like yours [-o<

Blimy :(

lol..u guys should stop complaining.

I drive E46 325. And everything is a $$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 tyre cost me £200 lol...

Back