• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rust along the windscreen seal

I posted a message the other day regarding my paintwork along the seal , which is now bubbled up and annoys me every time I wash and wax it . I took it to my local honda dealer in titwood road glasgow who took pics of it , and measured the depth of the paintwork . The same day I was in my sainsbury's and got talking to a young guy about the car . It transpires the young guy had a fn2 as we'll and two days previous he had taken his to the same dealer about the same problem . My Ctr is a 56/07 plate , I was wondering if this is a common fault and is there any success stories out there ? Cheers

Yes it's a common fault on the fn2 mines an 09 plate mine has it ,the problem is the rubber screen seal cutting into the paint , hope this helps , I feel the same as u I'm peed off with it when I wax the car , I'm gonna er spray the roof of my car gloss black the rest of mine is champ white

to be quite honest if this is a common fault then i feel its up to honda to address the problem , and sort it out . I have heard of some people getting it sorted for them , but it depends on were you take it to be assesed . have you tried going to a honda dealer with the problem ? if not try it before you go to the expence of a spray job

Honda extended the warranty period on claims for this problem. Take it to a main dealer.

Loch , can I take mine even if though my name isn't on the warrenty ? Cause I would go and question this myself ?

I had my 57 plate done when it was nearly three years out of warranty.

The last time it had been main dealer serviced was the on the first year service too, but it did have full history.

Just ask the question. Most of it will depend on how well you get on with the service manager, but HUK have been good at approving claims.

Just had honda uk on the phone to tell me that they have approved the fault , so have asked them to strip and respray the bonnet and the wings and also respray the wheels as they were factory silver I fancy them in high gloss black . Would like to thank everybody on the forum that gave me advice .. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been to my local honda dealer to enquire about the rust on the roof from the rubber cutting into it and they said straight away they will do it no problem as honda have extended the warrenty cover for this fault to six years and they will. Look at my doors too as they have slight rust under the rubber they took photos And are gonna get back in touch to do it also they have just re done two more fn2 type R s this wk and the one on there forecourt . So my advice lads is go. And enquire best thing I've done today

I have the same problem but on my 04 ep3 cosmic.http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?93509-Rust booked it into the main dealers for a service and they are going to take pics when its in and start a claim. Its just within the 10 year paint warranty so he is pretty sure they will do the work. Also he explained in many cases they carry out some work out of warranty out of goodwill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back to my honda dealer today and honda uk agreed to do my roof after seeing the photos and are gonna loan me a car for two days while they refit a new rubber windscreen seal and treat the roof and re pray it so happy days

Just done 1st wax and noticed the same. It doesn't seems to be huge amount of it but after reading this I`ll defo try main Honda Dealer at Manchester as well. Better be safe then Sorry... mine is 2008 with full Honda History wish me a luck. :lol:

glad i came on and read this post, was looking at getting rust treated then roof vinyled, but think i'll try Honda in Fife now when a get home and see what they say.
mines is 07 plate with full history, although not main dealer history.

whats the ins and outs on this situation, does it need to be full honda service history?
Take ya car along to honda tell them about the rust on roof . They will come to ya car take pics email honda uk they will then say yes or no ! Once they say yes ya book it in for new roof rubber n full treatment n re spray , I lost my type r for 5days n had a courtesy car n that's it all done free , I got mine back last weak ...do it mate ya don't need full history , my car still had the last owner as owning it but even though I bought it , it's not a problem

Take ya car along to honda tell them about the rust on roof . They will come to ya car take pics email honda uk they will then say yes or no ! Once they say yes ya book it in for new roof rubber n full treatment n re spray , I lost my type r for 5days n had a courtesy car n that's it all done free , I got mine back last weak ...do it mate ya don't need full history , my car still had the last owner as owning it but even though I bought it , it's not a problem

nice one. A will definatly be popping in to see them.

cheers

Hi Guys

So I have been at Honda trying to do Recall for my Wind Screen rust issue today. But I`ve been told they cant do anything for me. As mine was registered 01/03/2008 there was 3 year warranty and then Honda Extended Warranty for this issue for another 3 years. That`s mean mine was due 01/03/2014 :smt022

Although gentleman at Honda told me to pick up the phone and try to speak to Customer Service. I Hope they`ll be able to help me as the rust was obviously developing for some time.

Anyone had issue with this before?

Regards Radim

Hi Guys

So I have been at Honda trying to do Recall for my Wind Screen rust issue today. But I`ve been told they cant do anything for me. As mine was registered 01/03/2008 there was 3 year warranty and then Honda Extended Warranty for this issue for another 3 years. That`s mean mine was due 01/03/2014 :smt022

Although gentleman at Honda told me to pick up the phone and try to speak to Customer Service. I Hope they`ll be able to help me as the rust was obviously developing for some time.

Anyone had issue with this before?

Regards Radim

Don't listen to that , my car was registered in 2007 and I had mines sorted in June no problem . I didn't have full honda service history either , so don't give up because it's not just the seal they fix it's also a whole roof respray which is expensive . Keep us posted

I think it seems to be different from dealer to dealer, which is annoying. I only recently got my FN2 and noticed that the roof had rust on it.

I took it to one dealer, who took pictures and said they would contact Honda about it. 10 weeks later, nothing no phone clearly they could not be bothered about it. They also gave me grief because the previous owner had not done the yearly pain inspection. :( I took it to another Honda dealer two weeks ago, who not only asked no questions, did not even look at and booked it in straight away. I am currently driving around in a little Jazz for the week while my roof is painted.

Back