• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rust along the windscreen seal

Well little update... not very positive though.

After I raised the case with Honda Customer service about Gentleman at Stretford Honda wasn't even bothered to go and take a pictures of small bubbles around the seal. I have been told exactly the same as they told me at Honda Dealer.
My Car is out of warranty for this issue. :/ Well ****ed off as the rust have been developing for a while obviously. And I defo started when Car was still in a warranty.

Take ya car along to honda tell them about the rust on roof . They will come to ya car take pics email honda uk they will then say yes or no ! Once they say yes ya book it in for new roof rubber n full treatment n re spray , I lost my type r for 5days n had a courtesy car n that's it all done free , I got mine back last weak ...do it mate ya don't need full history , my car still had the last owner as owning it but even though I bought it , it's not a problem ,, but reading the other rust post some lads have struggled to get Honda to do thiers , it ****es me off that we all don't get the same service , mine was excellent .

progress.gif

I was the same , the service history wasn't all done at honda the first two were but after that it was a private garage . Even the small box at the top of the service page wasn't ticked even at honda so don't let that put you off . Good luck

Well went to Honda garage on wednesday, got phone call today saying my car has been accepted for getting roof repaired even though its outside the 6year warrenty, happy days, juat waiting for bodyshop to call me and book me in now.
2007 model, service history but not all honda. Happy days.

Happy days indeed . As well as getting the roof / seal sorted , I paid the extra at honda and got the bonnet and wings resprayed as we'll £900 but worth every penny . We'll done again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a shame not all Honda owners are treated the same around the country , it sucks too be honest , i must be one of the lucky ones , it feels better cleaning te car when ya cant see rust on ya roof too :)

Its really making me upset now.

So I raised the complaint about the guy at Honda at Stretford (manchester)
They had 3working days to call my with resolution.

And the resolution is... My car is not gonna be fixed as is out of the warranty for 3 months. No one went to see my car no pictures taken.

Then even older models are being fixed without problems. Im glad for you guys fair enough but where is some equality.

I love Honda to the bits but this acting is really pushing me away now. Wanted get new Type R next year but I will definitely consider it again.

Shame on them...

Make a complaint to Honda UK, it will then get approved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What year is your car hate85? My car is registered January 2008 and I got approved on Friday there. The dealer told me that it was extended to 7 years.

Mine was 08plate mate... guess what...after 3 months finally approved. Words cant describe how Happy I'm now...

Little story line... 1st dealer wasn't even asked to get up from chair and have a look. So I disputed with Honda UK and have been told by "some" manager they cant do it for me as its out of warranty.
I Didn't give up and went cheeky to 2nd Dealer even Honda Stated they wont do it.
2nd dealer kindly took pictures called me few times to pop in and take some more measurements and info about the car. After a week had a call and Technician said Honda Will pay Two hours of labor. Which was a bit progress but not what I wanted. I told them fine get me a quoted for final cost. And after another two weeks due to Head Technicians holidays I get call with Awesome news.. Honda will Do it for Free... Happy days. :smt047

Point is... never give up! :smt084

Btw Mark don't know if that Respray was worth every penny mate I got a Guy which will do bonnet for £100 mate. Whole car for £2200.

Now I need to get sorted Knocking sound which is coming from left rear wheel and I can start improving that whip.

Took mine in today. 59 plate. They took paint measurements whilst I waited and was approved before I left. Booked in for repairs in jan.

Hi, just been on the phone to Honda UK, they have stated the it may only be a good will gesture and would not pay for it all, if they pay anything that is, i have a 58 plate and was out of warrenty in November, has anyone had to pay for this or have Honda paid for the whole report, i have only owened the car since December so its not like i could have done anything about it before now.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Mine is a 2008 and was covered under warranty and it was fixed a few months back. They told me the warranty has been extended for this problem.

Hi, just been on the phone to Honda UK, they have stated the it may only be a good will gesture and would not pay for it all, if they pay anything that is, i have a 58 plate and was out of warrenty in November, has anyone had to pay for this or have Honda paid for the whole report, i have only owened the car since December so its not like i could have done anything about it before now.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Have you tried approaching Honda dealer Andrew? Like I said to you, my car was around three years old when I found issues but I was not using Honda for servicing. As long as I could produce invoices with breakdown of works etc Honda would approve which they did.
Did previous owner say why he didn't have this looked at?

I went to local Honda dealer first. They said go to honda uk they won't be able to do anything. I knew the owner. He never knew it was a warranty fix until it came to selling it to me. Let's see what honda uk say.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think i am going to have a battle on my hands, Honda have agreed to pay 2.9 hours labour and the materials, which leaves me paying 2 hours labour, and @ £95 per hour is quite shi**y.

Any tips on what i should do next to get Honda to pay it all, do you think quoting threads from here would work?

Kind Regards

Andrew

Guessing the only thing you can do is keep battling Andrew. Hopefully they will back down.
Only other thing you can do is get a quote for works. When I got mine done Honda were using an approved body shop in Middlesbrough for all the Honda warranty work etc. But they did have a fall out it seems and Honda are now using Berrys who are up Darlington way. Pride n Joy was place in Middlesbrough who did mine and I was totally satisfied with the work and finish. May be worth a look just to compare costs.

Hi quick question regarding the inspection by a Honda dealer.

I have been told that there will be a charge for this?
Is this normal? or has everyone else paid for an inspection?

Thanks in advance

Back