• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rust along the windscreen seal

Loxy. Mine is just over 6 years old so having a right battle. Think I am just going to settle and pay the 2 hours labour. F ing rip off ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't pay a thing on my warranty claim

Cheers loxy, I'm trying to see the best way to get this sorted.
i can see the point in me paying for an inspection, when they could come back to me and say sorry your not covered and I'm down money with nothing to show for it.

hi, i went into gordons honda in wigan back in january and they didnt even humour me with an inspection as my 08 fn2 was 2 months out of warranty. I was dissapointed as they serviced it in june and didnt even mark it down on the service sheet. The sheet has a body condition section in which any rust on the car should be noted with an "r", which i thought was a bit naughty as i could of brought the issue up then, does anyone think think this would make a valid argument with honda uk. cheers, Danny.

I'd say so. Rust doesn't appear overnight to be fair.

I'd say so. Rust doesn't appear overnight to be fair.
I agree with loxy I'd be going to hondas customer service department with this one. It's a relatively new car and rust should not be an issue. In my opinon something went wrong during the manufacturing process or the paint work wasnt sealed properly in the factory it shouldn't be rusting full stop.

I'm taking mine when I take it for a service, I took it to a local garage to see how much it *** cost from there and was quoted 200 pounds, he said best thing to do so it dosent get any worse is wait till its dried and put loads of grease under the seal and that will stop it getting any worse.

HI all, new to the forums and have been looking around for a while now. I hate it when you are on a forum and an old thread is revived. As said been looking around and I know this has been done many times, but this was the most recent thread of my problem.
I have recently bought a 2008 57 plate Type R FN2 and have the same problem. I looked through the forums and found the old wiring loom recall thread. (went to Honda recall page and it’s there to be done) So this morning I booked it in for the wiring loom check and was asked if there was anything else they could do for me. Armed with the info from this site (thanks) and having checked the roof/windscreen seal, I said yes, I also have the common fault where the hard windscreen seal cuts through the paint where it meets the roof and has caused it to rust and spider rust can be seen under the paint. I would like this done under the extended warrantee. To which the service department said. No problem sir, we will check the loom when you bring it in and also look at the rust, take some pictures and take a copy of you service record to show it’s been checked annually. Thank you I said, I am away in a months time on holiday, you can have the car for a week. She said that’s great, the body shop normally has this fault for 4 days, so if we need to order a part for the loom, it can can go to the body shop, then to the worksop and it should all be done in time for your return.

Brill !!!!!! but that is all well-and good over then phone. Will see what happens when I take it in and they find out the are a couple of years that no stamp has been applied to the service book.

Skully. Let me know how you get in with roof seal. My car is younger then yours and they want me to pay 2 hours labour. If you get this done in warranty it gives me ammunition. :)

Yup,,, will keep you posted. It may a while until I have a definite answer, as it's in next Tuesday for the checks, then will need them to ok it with HUK if the main Dealer if happy.

Small update,,, Honda have checked the loom and all is fine there so no remedial work required. Have been told that the service book has been scanned, pictures taken and a warrantee request has been sent off. I will get a call in a couple of days to hear the outcome and to hopefully book it in for the roof spray and seal job.

Hi Fairley_46, I don't have the service book with me at present as the wife took the car in this morning. But from what I remember (going through it last night) 1st, 2nd were with Honda main dealers. 3rd was Evans Halshaw, miss a year, then an independent, miss a year, independent and then another independent last month. Oh, and there are a couple of those coloured check sheets in my service pack, one related to the 1st service (date and milage) and a second one that does not tie up with any dates or milage, that I told the wife to say, this was a further service done by Honda, but the service book was not present at the time of service. That one ties in nicely to a miss in the record. The service receptionist, when talking on the phone, never mentioned the missing stamps. Just said a copy had been scanned and is sending off a warrantee claim. I am not sure of the procedure of main dealers, whether they leave it up to head office HUK or if the service manager at the branch is happy it gets forwarded for acceptance. Yours as I recall was a flat no from the dealer you took it to?

They did not really say i no, i mentioned that i had been reading about it and mentioned HUK, they then said for me to contact HUK and go through them, looking back i should have maybe played my cards a little better, but if they repair yours this will give me plenty of ammunition, they have offered to cover the repair apart from 2 hours labour, which @ 95/hour is still quite expensive for something that is a manufacture fault, also i never even owned the car until it was just out of warrenty.

Regards

Andrew

Small update. I rang Honda today, to check on the status of my claim. The service department took my details and said they would chase it up as another colleague was dealing with it. 10 mins later I get a call to say it's all been accepted and they had not rang me as they were still waiting for the replacement windscreen rubber to come in (we are expecting it any time) "We have already booked you in to the body shop for the week you said you are away and all will be done for your return".
So if any one has got problems with their local Honda dealer not accepting the fault as a warrantee claim. Perhaps try (as others have said) another Honda dealer out of area. It should not be hit and miss, it should be standardised across the board.
I will update again in a few weeks to see how it's turned out.
Edd.

hi, its been a bit since my last post but i thought it would be useful to those with the issue. after a read through the warranty section of my service book i saw that it had a 12 year structural corrosion guarantee where it states the roof is covered. I rang honda uk and mentioned that i was dismissed from my dealer without them even looking at the car as it was out of warranty and then brought up the information i found in the service book aswel as the lack of info from the service sheet visual inspection. The nice chap at honda uk said this wasnt good on their part and said he would call the dealer. I got a call from them 5 minutes later asking me to go and have photos taken. A few days later another call saying my claim was accepted and they just needed proof of service history, 1 quick email later and they called me back to book in. Dropped it off this morning and they gave me a 14 plate jazz as a courtesy car. I will update on how smoothly the repair work goes ASAP. Them main point is to be persistant and dont let a straight up "no" put you off. Do your homework and it will pay off and save you a good few quid.

Hi. It's honda uk I am dealing with. Not the local dealer. How old is your car. Mine is a 58 plate. November 2008 is was registered.

Regards.

Andrew

Hi andrew, sounds like you had the exact response from your dealer as i did, mine is an 08 plate so slightly older than yours, after my visit i called honda uk customer service department because nobody came out to even look at the rust. I know the roof is a structural panel so i told them i didnt want my missus and babys safety put at risk if i were to crash and the roof wasnt as strong as it should be (far fetched i know but it worked :lol:). Also I had the car serviced by them whilst still in the warranty period and they didnt inform me of it which i thought they should have. Whats the service history on yours like?

Have you just had this done? I have full service history but none of it with honda. I only bought the car in December so
Nothing much I could do there.

I was going to book it in this week as well but yourself and scully have made me feel a 4th e mail is on the cards do huk!!!

I dropped the car off with them this morning mate. I wouldn't bother with emails mate just give them a ring as you can argue your case better. Just because the car wasnt serviced at honda it doesnt mean a structural panel should be compromised, dont you agree ;)?

Back