• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rust along the windscreen seal

Yeah I entirely agree. I will check my emails. I think I even tried that one. Honda even said for me to go and see a trade standards thingy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, I agree with Danny, pop into your local dealer or just ring and say "you are aware of the roof rust and hard windscreen seal that has become an extended warrantee item. I would like to book it in for you to inspect it and then to arrange a mutual time for the remedial work to be done" This is what I said on the phone originally, basically as if I knew what I was talking about and as if it was just common place to mention it.

Edd.

If you are determined there is no reason you shouldn't win on this, especially when there are many people with older cars having the work done with no issues from the start. Evryone should get the same treatment with issues like this, after all to most of us £200 odd quid for 2 hours labour is alot of pennies.

I went to local dealer first armed with forum knowledge. I perhaps think this is why it's not happening for me. Perhaps my dealer said something to huk. Ill conjure up a posh email tomorrow ha. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, before i go back i will share my last e-mail with you, what do you think i can add to get them to cover all the repair, like Danny said i have tried the structural card.

Hi thank you once again for taking time in looking into this matter.

After searching high and low on the internet for the past few nights and after reading many stories about people having there car fixed in and out of the extended 6 year warrenty, even people who have had their car first serviced at Honda, and then every other service has not been performed by Honda. Sometimes questions were not even asked relating to service history I have seen a few people say their garage inforrmed them that Honda extended this repair to 7 years and repaired the car no problem.

I also came across the attached which is a bulletin issued by Honda about the problem, if you read at the bottom of page 1 it states that only carry out this repair if the customer is complaining about roof corrosion. so if i had full Honda service history and had not noticed the roof corrosion then Honda would not alert me to this.

the 3 points you have raised.

Age - my car is just over 6 years old, When purchasing the car it was 1.32% out of warrenty and not much passed this when contacting Honda, such a small percentage cane surely be overlooked.

Mileage - just over 60,000 - average mileage for a car of its age.

Relationship with Honda, - this is something that has been beyond my control due to only owning the car since December as explained below, but as read many of times even cars with full Honda service history this problem is still apparent so if the car is serviced at Honda or elesewhere the problem persists no matter where seviced, and as mentioned above if Honda notice the problem and the customer has not, they will not say anything.

As its the roof which is an intergral part of the structure, has the structure of the car been compramised, which Honda offer a 12 year warrenty on this, so if this repair is out of the extended warrenty, this surely it can fall into it being a structural problem.

This is now getting quite stressfull as i believe i am being singled out, i have my name down to test drive the new type r when released but i am really considering aginst buying the car (if all goes well) due to the customer service i am recieveing.

I look forward into recieving good news in your repsonse.

Well it's been a while, as I have been on my holidays (should have been a week, but we ended up doing 3) Picked the 'R' up from the dealer with a new screen rubber fitted and roof fully resprayed. Looks to be a top job, so well chuffed and no cost for the work under warranty. We did have a small bill ( £168 ) as we asked if while in, if they could respray the N/S/R lower bumper my wife had scrapped on a wall when backing into out parking area.
So just ask and let them know you are aware that this is a known fault and you should get it sorted under the corrosion extended warranty.
Edd.

Hi all just thought id share my story. 2 weeks ago i bought a 08 Bronze Type R. Almost didn't buy it because of the rust that went the whole length of the roof that meets the windscreen, but the rest of the car was cracking so i went for it. Just Saturday past there i went to my local Honda garage armed with the info off here. Went to the service desk and they could not been more helpful. We got speaking about it and after i told them it was a 08 plate they said i had missed out, but the mechanic then got the manager involved who said lets have a look so they had a quick look and the manager said they could try and that could i leave the car with them for 20 minutes so they could take photos and check paint depth and check the service history. Came back took my details and said they would be in touch in a few days.

So on the following Tuesday i got a voicemail to say that Honda UK have agreed to pay out do the work and that all i have to pay is fuel for the courtesy car !

Car is due in the 27th of this month happy days !

Hope this gives others hope !

Back