• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX S2000 production - Finished.

:( On Japanese news today, Honda has announced that in it's 10th year of production S2000 production has been stopped. In the last year, sales of this model fell by 41%, especially with the US market where Honda had hoped to sell the majority of production for this model.
Honda's design focus will move away from world sports cars and towards Hybrids for the future.

Finally...

They should have killed it off in 2005/2006, it's nearly a 10 year old design/technology

and what was honda thinking regards to fitting Drive by wire :rolleyes:

Good, hopefully mine won't be worth 10p by the end of the year.

Hybrid cars only from on. :(

I suppose they will just start sticking the the Type R badge on them though after a while.

At least the FD2 is still being made, although who knows if there will be a replacement... They're not proving to be all that popular in Japan, sadly.

The S2K was a very under appreciated car. 50/50 weight distribution, RWD, 240 bhp 2 litre, top that comes down in about 6 seconds... I owned one for 2 years from new (2002-2004) and loved it. Only sold it because I got married and had a dog. We now have a baby too, so there's no way the S2K would have survived... :( I'd have loved one for track use. Bullet proof and plenty quick enough when well set up.

damn, such a shame about the S2000, i've not owed one before but form what i've seen, they are awesome :(

No........... not under the current economic climate anyway.

Time to think about ordering a special edition one should they do it.

There is going to be a limited GT model produced before it is stopped from production, so it says in a brochure I have been sent from my local dealer.

Finally...

They should have killed it off in 2005/2006, it's nearly a 10 year old design/technology

and what was honda thinking regards to fitting Drive by wire :rolleyes:

Its still way ahead in design IMO. X Chassis design, Double wishbones all round as better than some of the dogsh*t they put on cars nowadays. No one else will ever produce a stonking engine like the F20C ever again due to the eco warriors!! :evil:

The DBW was only installed to stop the massive kangarooing problem that the S suffered from day one.

Its still way ahead in design IMO. X Chassis design, Double wishbones all round as better than some of the dogsh*t they put on cars nowadays. No one else will ever produce a stonking engine like the F20C ever again due to the eco warriors!! :evil:

The DBW was only installed to stop the massive kangarooing problem that the S suffered from day one.

Cusco diff is the answer, not DBW :)

Back