• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 turbo kit?

What ones have been used by forum members? As a lot seem to be lhd only or relocate erryting.

Not interested in the Greddy kit, or any other log type betafag manifold. Either Tubular rear mounted or sidewinder style with front mounted tub.

Pretty sure someone on here had the mase kit fitted. He still got it? Wana sell it? :D

I'd have a word with Paul at TDi North, Im almost certain they have done 2 turbo builds for S2000's, both stupid power on a stock motor, IIRC 500+.

Already have. But looking at all options including gettin a full kit, fitting it, sending to some fancy chap with a laptop to map

Ah fair enough. Im not that up to date on S2000's, I do know the motor is a lot stronger than an EP3, FN2 etc.

Me neither lol, hence the questions. Yeah there's a few nuts builds on bone stock motors on that s2ki. But they're all f-ckin lhd tossbags

Yeah saw that, would rather stay away from the greddy kit and log manifolds.

Whos the other bloke that had the mase kit? Iirc he had a gt35 on it. 600odd hp

Phils2k. Ideal setup (but id go for a gt30 instead of 35 lol).

Anyone else ran the made kit on here?

The s2000 F20c is a great one to boost, loads of builds running 500+ hp on a bone stock motor.

Lou @ TDi was showing me one of the new twin scroll BorgWarner turbos being used on an EP3 project, the 7076 EFR turbo in that range is a 400 - 650hp rated unit that would be ultra quick spooling and efficient at 9k rpm!

Friend of mine bought a Supercharger kit for his. Not sure what gains he's aiming for and not sure if it's centrifugal or pulley as I haven't seen it yet. I can ask though.

They only do full kits supply and fit though, I can't just get the manifold and turbo. Pain in the arse.

Should have a list of bits compiled soon mix n matching different companies parts to make an ideal turbo kit. Workin out well price wise too!!!

I'm trying to scope out a 2014 project, A boosted S2K is a great candidate.

Will keep an eye on what you come up with rm

It's an awesome candidate! Aslong as you get good quality parts and take the right precautions, don't overdo the power or launch off every set of lights, the reliability is awesome! The engine is ridiculous what it can take stock.

This will be a daily for me, so gota be reliable.

Will start a thread as and when. Just gota get a few other things out the way first.

It's an awesome candidate! Aslong as you get good quality parts and take the right precautions, don't overdo the power or launch off every set of lights, the reliability is awesome! The engine is ridiculous what it can take stock.

Will start a thread as and when. Just gota get a few other things out the way first.

Phil's 600+ S2K was his daily iirc. Drove it in snow too.

Not been on for a while but someone told me about this thread.

After trying loads of different set ups and turbos I ended up running 425WHP on a stock engine. Whilst the engine was actually pretty reliable the rest of the car pretty much fell to bits. Don't believe all the hype you read on the yank side of s2ki about reliability. Mase stated to me loads of times we beat on our cars much harder then them. They might do a few pulls but that's about it. I think I was the only person on there to actually track a 500bhp s2k. The outcome was expensive.
Also its not just the turbo kit you need to consider. When you start running big boost and turbos to hit the 500 number oil/water temps get high quickly especially if you've been on it a while. Big rad/ oil cooler/ better venting all a must imo.
Then you come onto clutches. I tried over four high power clutches trying to find one that gave a half decent feel and didn't sound like someone had thrown a thousand nails into the bell housing. That's fine if its track only but I liked to mine out on a sunday. Ask Suits how it felt to manouever:lol:

Not trying to sound negative as a boosted S is a massive grin. 500bhp in one makes for a fast car, real talk.

At last count my kill list was as follows
1 engine
Three diffs
Four gearboxes
Five hundred rear tyres lol

Tried four different turbo manifolds, three ecu's, four different turbos, Methanol injection, four exhaust set ups. That was in the early says of boosting and now the kits are getting better.

Sounds like you've done plenty of research, just saying if you plan to beat on it a bit expect some down time mate. Having it as your daily as well might lead to headaches.

Phil still went through an engine as well Gamblor. A fully forged one at that.

Ask Suits how it felt to manouever:lol:

Phil still went through an engine as well Gamblor. A fully forged one at that.

I remember Suits jumping in yours and trying it.

Ahh didn't realise about his engine, he never mentioned when chatting to him.

J7 - massive thanks for that post!

Of course things wont be as rosey as those 'mericans make out, especially if you're beating it!

Yeah Done a fair bit of research, with what additional parts will be necessary for the engine to run better. And noticed the diffs/driveshafts to be a weak point, and an EXPENSIVE upgrade. Fuark that.

Will work something out. Expect a few pm's soon lol

I would recommend a ClutchMasters FX400 as a streetable ceramic paddle clutch

How much boost were you running on which turbines J7?

How much boost were you running on which turbines J7?

I did run 17psi stock block on a Modified Greddy turbo that had been machined bigger compressor ect. Made iirc about 320whp but that was balls to wall with Methanol.

Best compromise was Precision 5857 Roller Bearing. Spooled like a SOB hit 420whp @ 14psi.

Back