• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2k ap1 cluster

Hi
I've got a ep3 but thinking of converting my dash to the ap1 cluster , but I'm not sure how to do it probably, been readin up on it and emailed whiteforddaviesmotorsport , but wondering if any one on here knows how and whats needed to do the conversion .

Thanks

you have probably emailed the right people. got an email back yet? I've seen a few folk do it to their EKs but not relatively cheap. do look cool though!

Hi mate I have received a email back from whiteforddaviesmotorsport, so hopfully I can get what I need and advice from them . Yeah I think it's the fact it be something different, not everyday u see a ep3 with the s2000 cluster . But I'm **** with electricals and doing stuff on my car so that's only thing I'd like someone who's done it before to do it to be honest .

lol tell me about it man! I had to cut a few wires behind the dash to make things work! not the easiest of decisions in cutting a wire but glad I managed to get things working haha! would cool to see an ep3 with an s2k cluster though!

Hahah yeah hopefully it should be okay :) got a step by step instruction coming so should be that tad bit easier . What car did you do the ap1 conversion to ?

Nah I never done the s2k cluster swap man. I've just seen people do it. Though I've converted my EJ9 to an EK9 so I done the cluster from an EK9 into mine and had to cut a wire and solder a few bits together to get it from KMPH to MPH. And also solder another wire when I done the dash conversion to make the rear window defoger work.. damn JDM goodies eh :p

Oh right well u went for it mate and u done it so u most no what your doing , maybe your sort of person I need to do mine :) ? The things we do and go though to make owl cars look better .

Thing is someone done it on ctro I've tired to contact him but no joy . I just want to make sure it all works and like it have the millage on the new ap1 cluster.

haha yeah! But I actually spent quite a bit deciding to cut the wire oor not haha! but I just followed instructions. defogger was the hardest one because i was following USDM instructions.. yeah I'd reckon it shouldn't be too hard for cluster, it just needs a wee computer chip to convert things over and I'm pretty sure you could get a new mileage reading or get it resetted to the right mileage.

Oh right well u went for it mate and u done it so u most no what your doing , maybe your sort of person I need to do mine :) ? The things we do and go though to make owl cars look better .

Please quit the text typing.

Hi mate I have received a email back from whiteforddaviesmotorsport, so hopfully I can get what I need and advice from them . Yeah I think it's the fact it be something different, not everyday u see a ep3 with the s2000 cluster . But I'm **** with electricals and doing stuff on my car so that's only thing I'd like someone who's done it before to do it to be honest .

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

Sorry stoo.

Well it payed of you reading the instructions mate and I have noticed most stuff and help is over in the states .
Were abouts you based then mate ?

wow! quite strict with the text talking! My regular forum needs this :p

Yeah! well I'm actually up in Glasgow, Scotland :\ but the instructions I was following were from the states. like I wasn't too sure what was what because they are obviously LHD haha!

Pictures of the wiring? Or pictures of like before and after the cluster was fitted? Might have wiring somewhere

Here you are man

d3daca06.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

Chris from W-D motorsport will probably fit the dash and do all the wiring for you if you ask him nicely and provide beer tokens. I know he's done it in the past for other customers so he should have some pics of what it looks like finished too.

Back