• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX S2k Question

Hi Guys,

A few quick questions.

1/ When was the face lift S2k introduced?

2/ What are the main differences pre / post facelift other then different wheels and bumpers.

Cheers

Andy

1 - '04 iirc Chubbs.

2 - I think thewy softened up the rear suspension a tad.

Looks on S2k, there is a whole list for your reading pleasure.

Depends which face-lift you mean.

The main change came in 2004. It had new bumpers front and rear, new lights front and rear, new 17" wheels, revised suspension geometry, slightly deeper door cards, new dash dial layout, silver radio door cover, silver storage tray cover, carbon synchromesh for the gearbox and they did something to the engine to make it use less oil.

Just been updated again in 2006. Different wheels, different seats, drive-by-wire, slightly darker radio and compartment door covers, speakers in the roll-over hoops and the option of traction control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been updated again in 2004. Different wheels, different seats, drive-by-wire, slightly darker radio and compartment door covers, speakers in the roll-over hoops and the option of traction control.

These were '06 Revisions mate ;)

Depends which face-lift you mean.

The main change came in 2004. It had new bumpers front and rear, new lights front and rear, new 17" wheels, revised suspension geometry, slightly deeper door cards, new dash dial layout, silver radio door cover, silver storage tray cover, carbon synchromesh for the gearbox and they did something to the engine to make it use less oil.

Just been updated again in 2004. Different wheels, different seats, drive-by-wire, slightly darker radio and compartment door covers, speakers in the roll-over hoops and the option of traction control.

What dates would these be effective from ?

Cheers

Andy

Lazy fooker!!!

Model Year differences

There are a few differences between the MY99 - MY01 models and the MY02 - MY03. The MY04 has further changes and a slight facelift. Note: The wind deflector became standard from MY01 onwards.

MY02 differences

• Glass Rear Screen
• Cd player with tweeters built into the door
• Slightly restyled polished alloys
• Chrome rings around the rear lights and chrome front light surrounds
• A softer suspension setting which makes the car slightly less "pointy"
• Repositioned headlamp washer switch

Some like the suspension changes and others do not, it is probably best to try both cars if you are in the market for a used S2000.

04 Differences

• New front and rear bumper design
• 17" wheels with different Bridgestone tyres
• New front and rear lights
• Facelifted interior
• Some suspension changes which include a slight ride height change and a little softening of the rear end.
• Colour coded headlamp washers
• Factory fitted alarm
• New colours...
Photo

06 Differences

• New Colours - Deep Burgundy Metallic, Bermuda Blue Metallic
• New Interior Colour - Brown Leather
• Drive-By-Wire Throttle System. Ues a computer sensor to input throttle as opposed to pulling on the throttle cable
• Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control. A combination of computer controlled throttle and individual wheel braking to control sudden changes in vehicle behavior. VSA has a turn-off switch where the defrost button (moved) used to be.
• 20 lbs heavier
• Redesigned road wheels
• Redesigned steering wheel
• Brake Assist, which helps drivers apply full braking pressure in an accident avoidance situation via the ABS actuator. Braking pressure is maintained momentarily after the driver's initial braking action to help the driver stop promptly. It deactivates when the driver releases pressure on the brake pedal
• Exterior temperature gauge
• New seats (interfaced to air bags for weight and position)
• 4 of the 8 speaker audio system are integrated roll bar speakers
• New intake manifold, fuel rail, intake support bracket, and injector cover
• Only one cam sensor
• New style map sensor
• IAT sensor has moved to the rubber intake tract
• Fuel line at engine is now a quick-release type
• Air pump, associated lines and and control valve, have been eliminated
• Fan switch in the radiator has been replaced with a second CTS, in turn the fans are now computer controlled
• HO2S in the header is now referred to as an Air fuel ratio sensor
• New exhaust center section

Full colour list including USDM and JDM:

NH630M=Silverstone
NH565=Grand Prix White
NH547=Berlina Black
R510=New Formula Red
B66P=Monte Carlo Blue
Y52P=Spa/Indy Yellow
B513M=Suzuka/Nurburgring Blue
YR536P=New Imola Orange
GY19M=Lime Green
R508P=Monza Red
NH552M=Sebring Silver
Y65P=Rio/New Indy Yellow
NH676M=Moon Rock
B523P=Royal Navy Blue
B518P=Midnight Blue
B000P=Laguna/Bermuda Blue
YR564M=Deep Burgundy

What dates would these be effective from ?

Cheers

Andy
You can get the MY04 revisions on a late 53 plate. Mine is January 04 car.

MY06, can't remember exactly.

There are a few 04 plate cars that are the MY03 model as well. Obvious differences but a few unscrupulous sellers may try bull'ing you.

I know where there is a cracking 05 model for sale with ultra low mileage if anyone is interested.

Back