• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sakeb's Champ White FN2 ! #335

hi all! Never posted on this forum before, but have done on civiclife and civinfo.. and thought i shall share my build here with you fellow tyeR lover! :)

anywayss.. im 22yrs old, from Scotland, and got my first typeR last summer at 21.

My plan was to either go german or stick with honda. originally I thought of dropping a K20 into my EP2 but I just couldnt do it. Wanted a new car, new start, new project ;)

So after alot of searching and reading my aim was to go for a champ white edition.

So I found one in Durham... viewed it drove it loved it and bought it.

This one was number 335 and was delivered to me in july 2014

Pics when I first seen her;

First thing I done was give everything a good clean! From interior to exterior to even the engine bay and arches exhaust you name it.

Removed the crap plastic cover and cleaned the block all up and gave it a coat of chrome paint:

Interior cleaned up;

Added some Red LED footwell lights; These were straight forward. At first confusing but its easy once you see where its supposed to plug into and also Broadway 300mm convex mirror.

Calipers re painted as you can see they werent the best looking things on the planet;

Not a fan of the typeR emblem on the calipers so just sprayed over it lol

Some Snaps on the first drive.. With Fahad's DC5

White car line up :p

If you havent noticed already I removed the black plastic surround that was around the front number plate. I hated how it looked. IMO it just seemed out of place so I removed it and cleaned it all up everything behind it and stuck the plate back on. Gives it a nice smooth look at the front

Soon enough it annoyed me how people can see into the car so I decided to get tints.. Lower rear is plastic so unable to tint. To this day im still trying to find out how I can darken that part. So if annyone has any idea or suggestions then please do let me know also added some TypeR stickers as these were missing.

All Washed and waxed and machined polished

Moving on from tints decided I have to do something about that disgusting OEM headunit... So I stuck in my Pioneer DA-110 AppRadio which I had in my old car

Took me a good three hours by myself. Don't get put off by the pictures..its not as bad as it looks. Ok maybe it is but its worth it! I advise if anyone tries this get a buddy to help you and take your time with the clips

After many pulling tugging loud bangs and repeated useage of the F word..the headunit is in!! I ran the lead in the centre part along the handbrake and into the centre glove box. There is a bit at the top (more or less a circle shape) where you can push the wires through
When you put the centre handbrake piece back just watch the wires arent sticking out tuck them in nicely so no movement

Here is a pic In the light

In the dark

From the outside

After a couple of weeks wait I Got my Plate transferred over!

Fitted the Carbon Mugen Gear Shift which I got for my 22nd bday

And here is a picture of how the interior looks right now;

Decided the standard Vtec noise isnt loud enough, cant even hear it tbh, so I upt the volume with this;

Fitted on in no time with Fahad's help

This totally transformed how the car sounds in low down revs and in Vtec! In high gears low speed there a nice subtle rumble when you put foot down. And in Vtec is just stupid loud Love it! For some reason this made the throttle response more lively over the standard air box. For eg when I put my foot down something happens right away, where as when the standard air box was in.. there was a tiny delay. Not sure if this is the same with all FN2 doubt it but for me and this car, this was a good thing

If your after noise this is the one to go for. Of course you will get some gains from this mod but to get that properly you have to map your car but overall fitting was okay, had no issues there, Sounds amazing! and make the bay more bling ;)

So after the intake it was time for some serious cosmetics works, luckily the items i was planning to buy, I got gifted then on my birthday, many thanks to them

Eibach Springs from ABP Motorsports - 30mm drop all round and a Mugen Rear Wing! Got them fitted on once the spoiler was painted two tone: black blade and champ white bottom and sides.

The springs were straight forward to change didnt take long at all. But my first change was The Mugen rear wing, again straight forward no hassle there, though you do have to reuse the side brackets from the original TypeR spoiler. so make sure you don't chuck them away or sell them, if you do then you can buy new ones from honda or breakers

anyways here are a few pictures of the wing when it was put on the car...springs were not fitted until after the spoiler was on

Then got the springs changed and now heres how she sits....

on the drive..

along with Fahads Teg...

At work .. thought it was a nice location to take some snaps

An edited side view ...

and to finish it off .. a picture of the ass

A random snap of both my cars (EP now sold :'( )

I wanted to make the car louder, but wasnt planning to spend alot of money so instead, I got the silencer under the drivers side cut out and replaced with a pipe as you can see..

sounded much nicer than stock, imo. a little raspy at top end but sounds awesome with vtec! and even inside the car the noise was much nicer. if you are looking for some noise but not major expense get the silencer cut out.

but onto the more important bit, the snaps

Cleannn

we all love a bit of beading..

thats it for now! there are more snaps and videos of the car on my instagram along with other cars dc5/eg4 b18c/ej9 b16 - @sakebm - help your self.

more to comeee

comments welcome :)

Hey mate lovely car.
where in Scotland are you from?

That app radio looks rather nice! Is there bluetooth installed in it also? May invest in one as I really like that.

Hey mate lovely car.
where in Scotland are you from?

That app radio looks rather nice! Is there bluetooth installed in it also? May invest in one as I really like that.

thanksman. in edinburgh and yup headunit does have bluetooth with it :)

Me too! Where about are you? I'm in the gilmerton area out towards midlothian way.

Looks really clean. Transforms the dash completely!

Cars looking lovely buddy, and you have taken some nice photos too! There's a couple of us kicking about Edinburgh and a fair few slightly further afield!

Me too! Where about are you? I'm in the gilmerton area out towards midlothian way.

Looks really clean. Transforms the dash completely!

im near longstone area .. near bookers/sansbury. if you dont know where that is .. its near asda chesser / matalan slateford road lol

Cars looking lovely buddy, and you have taken some nice photos too! There's a couple of us kicking about Edinburgh and a fair few slightly further afield!

cheers mate! hah ive just got myself a proper camera, before was using my phones camera which was actaully pretty sweeet tbh
and yeah i have seen a few CW fn2 around in edinburgh. one has a private plate, he works down the road from where i work and i see his parked up inside the car park or at his mates house. and another one once uptown .. in total ive seen three CW fn2s not including mines

UPDATE TIME ! :)

So after the hondata Remap I thought it was time to get rid of those standard white shoes and get some nice black ones on the go.

Came across some Rota Grid Drifts, viewed it, test fitted them to make sure they actually fit and and they do and it was a deal.

got home gave them a nice hot bath and layer of wax and on the car it went.

Heres a few snaps of the car and how she sits with her new sneaks, enjoy

Snaps on the drive ;

Got a bit carried away ..

Full pic

that's it for now

more to come in time stay tuned

Very nice. :smt023

Do you know what width and offset those Grid Drifts are? They look like they fit like a glove!

Very nice. :smt023

Do you know what width and offset those Grid Drifts are? They look like they fit like a glove!

cheers man :)

I didnt think they would fit but my mate insisted we try them as he was certain they will haha

ive not come accross any other FN with those offset/size etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back