• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sat Nav Wiring Help !!!!

I recently bought a VDO Dayton sat nav unit, I need to finde the following wires :-

1) Reversing light.

2) Low beam switch

Any help would be much appreciated.

chippyleigh said:
I recently bought a VDO Dayton sat nav unit, I need to finde the following wires :-

1) Reversing light.

2) Low beam switch

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dunno about the reversing light, but when I changed my head unit, the display dims automatically when I turn the lights on, so there is a feed in the connector that's wired up to the lights.

If you are using the the correct ISO adapter this will connect up the illumination wire for you

as for the reverse wire......you could follow this fron the reverse light switch on the gearbox (unit mounted on top of the box in front of the lifting eye)

or just run the wire from one of the reverse life bulbs

The gear box reverse signal runs down the right hand side of the car.

No one could tell me which one it was and I couldn't find it so I ended up going to the +ve on the reverse bulb when wiring up my Pioneer AVIC-800DVD.

Looking at the left rear light cluster loom, the reverse wire runs across to the right side which then runs to the front from there.

- Kevin.

Thanks for the help fellas, will try and install this sucker, already modified the centre console to fit the sat nav din unit, will post some pics when done as never seen one installed on a CTR before.

Back