• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Say you had £1500 to spend on mods - does this make sense?

Never really thought about modding a car before but am tempted to just upgrade a few bits on my FN2.

I'm not really interested in chasing bhp, would just like to improve the handling, stopping, general drivability etc.

So with that in mind does the following sound sensible:

Smooth the OEM airbox
Braided brake lines
Cosworth Streetspeed pads
Eibach springs with FRSU
New exhaust (not sure which - any suggestions?)
Tdi North remap

Is there anything else I could do with the money or anything that would be more worthwhile than on or all of the above.

As I say I'm new to the game so any help is appreciated...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Fast road setup and brakes are the big two first mods to do, and if you haven't already some decent performance tyres.

I think the Tegiwa exhaust for the FN2 is very good value, well built and sounds spot on.

Remap would be at the end if you can still stretch to it, but it'd stick an intake on there first before you do.

Thanks Loxy

I'll definitely do the brakes and frsu. Means I can respray the calipers whilst I'm at it because they really need it.

I've seen tdi North now do a Hondata, exhaust and intake pack for around £1600 (Tegiwa exhaust) - all fitted and the mapping.

Seems good value and can probably push the budget a bit to fit the brakes and suspension in too.

Is the anti roll bar as good an upgrade as it is on the EP3?

Top end tyres would be on my list before anything in the engine bay. As would any maintenance needing doing.

Tyres are Kumho Ecsta's which to my knowledge are pretty ok. Look fairly new also - plenty of tread.

Offside front is a Chinese cheapo though so will change that to match unless anyone thinks I should bin the kumho's competely.

Mechanically excellent. Been serviced annually on the dot regardless of miles and really nothing to do.

If the kumho's are considered crap what would you recommend?

Advan AD08R, Pilot Sport Cup 2 if on 18's, Federal 595 RS-R are good but crap in the wet.

Any that are the right side of £100 a corner?!

The car will be road use only and generally at or around the speed limit. I just enjoy getting to the limit quickly and powering out of corners etc so no need for the absolute limit in terms of grip etc.

Tyres make a huge difference to the overall feel of the car, not just grip.

Fair point. Will seriously consider it.

May put a few more miles on the existing ones though as it seems a shame to just get rid with then being so new.

Waiting for a bit of cash I'm sure my way and will decide from there.

Want you upgrade the ice also you see so need to work out a budget for that also.

If they're the KU39s they're not bad tyres, I've been running them for the last 3+ years and can't complain. Great tyre for the price.

Is the anti roll bar as good an upgrade as it is on the EP3?

You can get a whiteline one, but with the torsion beam, it just bolts to the subframe and not droplinks (doesn't have a rarb as standard!). It's a bit of a misnomer. People say it makes a difference but I'm yet to be convinced.

You can get a whiteline one, but with the torsion beam, it just bolts to the subframe and not droplinks (doesn't have a rarb as standard!). It's a bit of a misnomer. People say it makes a difference but I'm yet to be convinced.

People on forums who justify their expense saying 'yeah I felt a difference. Good mod' etc.

Well that's the tyre issue sorted for me!

Checked them last night (have been an hgv driver in the past so a quick walk round every time I drive is a force of habit!) and the ns rear is toast. Big chunk out of the sidewall - looks to be a molding issue.

Going to fit Uniroyal RS3's for now. Postive reviews and within budget.

Then when I get paid at the end of the month I'll get the front sorted also.

Then on to the rest of the bits :)

Back