• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scorpion Non Resonated Cat Back

Hi guys and girls, I would just like to say I have just had fitted a scorpion cat back exhaust system non resonated and would recommend to anyone who was looking at buying one, it fitted straight on with no problems and the sound is amazing, it's not too loud and don't have that horrible drone that gives you a headache and it has the nicest, crisp tone for a non res system, it has the straight through centre section with a 4" back box and I paid £275 inc postage from a company called Roadrunner Motorsport, so anyone looking at buying one then you won't be disappointed...just wanted to have a boast that's all folks :) that's my 2nd modification of the car so far, does anyone have any advice of a manifold and sports cat? Does anyone have a japspeed manifold?

Thanks guys :)

Milano red 2003 civic
Carbon roof, carbon tailgate, carbon bonnet, black ep3 alloys, scorpion cat back system, booming sound system ;) oh and can't forget my red angry bird on my dash lol

I bought the same exhaust but for my astra from them, couldnt fault the quality of the exhaust or the price and speedy delivery they provided!

Piper do a mani and sports cat

dont know of any other sports cats about that are just bolt on

Do you know if the piper manifold and cat will be a compatible fit with the scorpion system? I don't want to buy it if its a lot of hassle to add to my existing system, also is it expensive? I was looking at the japspeed manifold which is roughly £200

Ive got the Japspeed 4-2-1 Manifold. No complaints, good figures does the job dandy.

Hope you know a friendly MOT Station.

That sounds like a good manifold to buy, japspeed are a well known brand, did you have any problems with engine management lights?
And yes, fortunately I know a damn good MOT centre that have worked on all my modified cars...phew!

Yeah I had a problem with the EML coming on, but a week after I had the manifold fitted I had a K100 fitted and mapped, which turned off the EML.

I imagine with the mods you are doing you are getting the car Mapped with either a K100 or Kpro.

Nope, I was going to get a full exhaust system eventually and just buy an O2 simulator to stop the light from coming on, the hondata ecu's are too expensive for me I'm afraid

No more mods after the exhaust system, might treat the girl to a set of lowering springs buys that's all...do you think an aftermarket ecu is required?

If your only doing the exhaust, an O2 simulator will be fine I would have thought.

A K100 or Kpro are expensive and then you need to have them mapped, if your not going after BHP figures I wouldnt bother, but even with basic mods a remap will give an improvement to the power, and how the car delivers the power as the Vtec point can be changed.

A good exhaust set up, a decent intake and RBC can give you figures upto 240bhp.

Yeah I'm not really after bhp gains, just a nice sound and feel to the car really, can I just ask...why can't you remap the standard ECU?
And what is an RBC?
Thanks for your information, it's really helpful

I have no idea why you cant map a Standard ECU. An RBC is an intake manifold, its bigger than a stock manifold so you need to cut into the slam panel, can give you decent gains with a good air filter system.

I've got a Piper Manifold and Sports cat. Its compatible with everything that would mate to OEM.

I'd be interested to know why you can't modify the standard ECU either, I've not heard of any other manufacturer that has non-mappable ECUs!

I'd be interested to know why you can't modify the standard ECU either, I've not heard of any other manufacturer that has non-mappable ECUs!

Because Honda designed the ecu not to be modified unless you add another circuit board (eg kpro/k100)

Because Honda designed the ecu not to be modified unless you add another circuit board (eg kpro/k100)

Interesting, I wonder what their justification was for that. Perhaps they were worried that people would screw their cars up with dodgy maps, but that decision should really be left in the customers hands - all the other manufacturers certainly seem to think so.

Back