• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

scratches in ctr nhb

ty

hey cleaned my ctr nhb yesterday and seem to keep putting scratches in the paint. wash method is as follows please help.

pressure wash off loose dirt.
pressure wash on soap simonz. leave for a minute the rinse.
two bucket wash method using zymol auto wash and sponge.
dry with microfiber cloth.
wax using gold class.

what am i doin wrong please help anyone???:confused:

hey cleaned my ctr nhb yesterday and seem to keep putting scratches in the paint. wash method is as follows please help.

pressure wash off loose dirt.
pressure wash on soap simonz. leave for a minute the rinse.
two bucket wash method using zymol auto wash and sponge.
dry with microfiber cloth.
wax using gold class.

what am i doin wrong please help anyone???:confused:

you need one of these.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/meguiars-lambswool-wash-mitt/prod_282.html

also are you sure they aren't just the swirls that were there in the first place?

yeah sure my mate flat polished the bonnet of the car was no marks when he finished under a halogen light :confused:

Ditch the sponge ty.:evil:

Lambswool Washmitt is the thing to get. The silicon free Zymol sponges are supposed to be ok, I've not used one though.

I have almost given up trying to keep mine swirl free also NHB.

I presure was etc and use lambs wool mit glove lol.
I use Autoglym wash, polish, gloss protection. it is excellent once washed and polished etc. Just can not believe the amount of swirl marks on the paint though.

Night Hawk is a fantastic looking colour but shows up everything. I used to make sure that i used a lot of clean water when washing the car replacing regularly. the Two bucket method is good BUT you may well still get some grit in your clean bucket, especially if you use a spounge.

Wash mitt
Two bucket method
Replace water often
Work from the top of car down

Job done :D

When Andy H detailed my NHB CTR, He used the following method when washing the car:

2BM with lambswool mitt.

Saturate the mitt in water (literally have it dripping wet). Do one pass on a panel and stop if you start to feel resistance or it catching. Clean the washmitt in the dirty bucket and use your fingers from your free hand to rake out any grit caught in the mitt. Rinse and repeat.

You will never stop swirling, but with an effective technique you can minimise it. If you want a swirl free car, you will need it machine polished a couple of times a year.

I will not buy a black car again.

Just a couple of points on top of the above, a good wax will make it easier to clean the car and so reduce the chance of adding swirls, it will also protect.
Any car I maintain gets waxed once a month and is deep cleansed then glazed annually. This is on top of the sensible washing that is done every week. You cannot prevent swirls but you can minimize them.

Also consider what you are drying with, I use deep pile microfiber towels, two clean fresh ones will be used per car.

NHB is a nightmare, I will never buy a black car again, does look good when freshly polished and waxed though :cool:

Back