• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scuttle Panel and Side-Skirt not flush

I went to the dealers today to have my wheel alignment checked as I was a bit wary of my tyre wear. Anyway, the alignment was all within spec apparently.

While I was there I asked them to have a look at the scuttle panel on the passenger side as it's coming away from the window slightly.
I also asked them to have a look at the side skirt on the passenger side as the beginning of it (near the wheel) isn't flush with the body of the car.
My car is an 04 and is within warranty so I expected them to be able to sort it.

However, when I went back to the dealer to pick the car up they told me that these items would not be covered under warranty!! They said that plastic is prone to bending/flexing!!!! :x
I wasn't happy to say the least and tried arguing with them about it but they wouldn't budge. ](*,) :smt013

So, tell me people, are they talking bull$hite?!
:roll:

PS the dealers are Bassetts, Bridgend, South Wales.

I'd of said it would be covered tbh mate.

Might be worth speaking to a reputable dealership that someone suggests near by & see what they have to say.

Good luck

Hmm...I haven't got much of a choice of dealers near me.

There's Ryland Honda in Cardiff. I've heard bad things about them. The problem Regan had with his brakes was dealt with by them. :roll:

And there's Bassetts in Swansea, who I'm guessing will be pretty much the same as their relatives in bridgend.

I'll probably give both a ring tomorrow to see what they say.

You might get a bit of luck out of Swansea....they are generally a friendly bunch.

Never had much work done with them though :?

Welsh-Rich said:
You might get a bit of luck out of Swansea....they are generally a friendly bunch.

Hmm.....I thought Bassetts in Bridgend were alright until today. Was a bit pi$$ed off to be honest. I mean I really cant see how the skirt and scuttle panel wouldn't be covered under warranty. I wouldn't class them as wear and tear items like brakes, discs, tyres, etc. :roll:

The problems with the scuttle panel and skirt aren't major things, but they're small things that I've noticed and they're annoying me. I just want the car to be perfect like. :oops:

OllieMorr said:
Welsh-Rich said:

Hmm.....I thought Bassetts in Bridgend were alright until today. Was a bit pi$$ed off to be honest. I mean I really cant see how the skirt and scuttle panel wouldn't be covered under warranty. I wouldn't class them as wear and tear items like brakes, discs, tyres, etc. :roll:

The problems with the scuttle panel and skirt aren't major things, but they're small things that I've noticed and they're annoying me. I just want the car to be perfect like. :oops:

I know exaclty what you mean - perhaps if you try buttering them up first they could help.

Try telling them you have heard good things about them on the owners site and that you really hope they can help you out and do you a favour ect ect.

The main sales guy there really loves his race cars - usually organises track days at Pembrey for all their sportier customers - so you may be in luck 8)

Welsh-Rich said:
OllieMorr said:
Welsh-Rich said:

I know exaclty what you mean - perhaps if you try buttering them up first they could help.

Try telling them you have heard good things about them on the owners site and that you really hope they can help you out and do you a favour ect ect.

The main sales guy there really loves his race cars - usually organises track days at Pembrey for all their sportier customers - so you may be in luck 8)

Cheers Rich. 8)
I'll give them a ring tomorrow and will try my best!
:D

Mines exactly the same but seeing as Ive had enough arguments with my local no good stealer I cant be bothered to put it to them.
As far as Im concerned this would definately be covered under warranty...the dealer is right what he says in respect of plastic bending but only in an accident for gods sake :twisted:

Speak to the dealer principle matey.

Good luck

Nick

Morty1970 said:
Mines exactly the same but seeing as Ive had enough arguments with my local no good stealer I cant be bothered to put it to them.
As far as Im concerned this would definately be covered under warranty...the dealer is right what he says in respect of plastic bending but only in an accident for gods sake :twisted:

Speak to the dealer principle matey.

Good luck

Nick

Still haven't got round to phoning any other dealers. :oops:
Have had stuff on.

I'm going to perservere with this though. If I don't get any joy with any dealers I'll give Honda UK a ring to see what they say.
:-k

Back