• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

seanaldo1987's Milano Red Facelift EP3

Great progress mate.

I have the n1 rep from M2 Motorsport and i was quite surprised at how loud it is for a resonated system

sorry to hear about the van driver, same happened to me :mad:

Sean... you joined.. the RIGHT team. about time ... mucking about in ***** VW's worst choice you made haha the scoob was better.
Looks like your doin more mods than i am haa...

Dont worry too much about heat soak, Iv had this intake with other similar intakes and once you get moving ou wont notice any heat soak effects.
Ok maybe stuck in traffic in summer you will suffer but since your not going anywhere anyway who cares about a small loss in bhp.

But by all means its still worth the CAF and heat shield, every little helps

But the V2 sounds mean :D

The cold air feed should be here by monday...... not sure if i am going to bother with a heatshield. I do see that tegiwa do a universal one that does around their gruppe m rep intake but is expensive for what is effectively a bent sheet of aluminium with some bolt holes. I am itching to get it fitted this weekend. Still waiting on the filter drying off after cleaning. Have got it in the small oven in work now with it set to 50 degrees to try and dry it out.

Great progress mate.

I have the n1 rep from M2 Motorsport and i was quite surprised at how loud it is for a resonated system

sorry to hear about the van driver, same happened to me :mad:

Its is pretty loud, but i can live with it. I don't think i could've lived with the non res version.

its pretty annoying when someone feels the need to just disappear without even leaving contact details. I will be getting the front end repaired in the spring along with a carbon mugen rep grill if funds allow.

Sean... you joined.. the RIGHT team. about time ... mucking about in ***** VW's worst choice you made haha the scoob was better.
Looks like your doin more mods than i am haa...

nothing wrong with VWs my friend :p............ so much refinement and comfort with a bit of poke to it.

The ep3 is more fun to drive though....... even more so because it has none of this electronic stability programme nonsense :lol:There wouldn't be much if anything in a straight line with the scirocco, but the ep3 would nail it on a b road.
My old clio 182 is the only other car i have owned that gave me the same confidence chucking it about as this does.

The scoob needed to go......... was going to cost me a lot of money needing things fixed if i had kept it.

Not got much cosmetic mods i want to do............ thats money that could be spent on bhp :D

Last edited by a moderator:
well got my finger out on saturday..............

before:

during:

after:

and a wee video:

cold air feed has arrived now, so going to get that fitted at some point this week.
planning on routing it from the near side fog light blank.

Never noticed any issues with heatsoak on the run through to Glasgow, and i got stuck in traffic on the way.
When i parked up i opened the bonnet and the hardpipe was cold to touch which is a good sign, but hope with the addition of a cold air feed it helps things even more :)

This also arrived yesterday:

but the wife took it off me and wrapped it up for christmas, and she did the same with the wind deflectors too :(

only 20 sleeps until i can get them now :lol:

ordered some more christmas stocking fillers :)

noticed that there is quite a bit of play in the gear shift so going to look into a short shifter and solid bush kit

Mrs has done a u turn on the wind deflectors and carbon gear shift....... I have been given them to fit :D

So gonna get them fitted tomorrow.

Black alacantara gaitor with red stitching arrived today so that will be getting fitted too.

Still waiting on the radiator and oil caps though.

Updated pics due tomorrow

The solid bush kit won't fix the play in the gear lever, it is a nice little pocketmoney mod though. The problem in these cars is wear on the plastic balljoint at the bottom of the lever. You would need either a oem shifter assembly or the buddy club short shift. The buddy club is awesome. Buy one now.

I had a CAF from my foglight hole up into the engine bay, couldn't say if it did anything though. When I had an open cone on mine it only really suffered in stop-start traffic, so a CAF won't help much with that, I got bored of it pretty quickly and fitted a ITG maxogen. A heat shield should be easy enough to fabricate out of aluminium and some gold reflective sticky stuff. Order the Tegiwa, trace around it, send it back and build your own :lol:

I've got a AEM V2 too. Nice little piece of kit. Whats your thoughts on it?

I like it... can't say i have really noticed a difference, only that it makes a racket on vtec, which makes me want to do that a lot, which makes me use more fuel :lol:

The solid bush kit won't fix the play in the gear lever, it is a nice little pocketmoney mod though. The problem in these cars is wear on the plastic balljoint at the bottom of the lever. You would need either a oem shifter assembly or the buddy club short shift. The buddy club is awesome. Buy one now.

I had a CAF from my foglight hole up into the engine bay, couldn't say if it did anything though. When I had an open cone on mine it only really suffered in stop-start traffic, so a CAF won't help much with that, I got bored of it pretty quickly and fitted a ITG maxogen. A heat shield should be easy enough to fabricate out of aluminium and some gold reflective sticky stuff. Order the Tegiwa, trace around it, send it back and build your own :lol:

I realised that once i ordered the kit.... i have been looking at the buddy club shifter, it looks awesome.

I can't say i have noticed much issues with heat soak. I don't normally encounter traffic so stop-start traffic isn't a massive issue. like you say, as soon as your moving there isn't much of an issue. i might do that, just order a tegiwa one, but i'll end up being lazy and just run with that rather than make one. it is only 30 odd quid for one after all.

well a long awaited update is here.

wind deflectors fitted

before:

after:

fitting these has made me look at getting the rear windows tinted due to the wind deflector being tinted, making the rear windows look a bit odd at certain angles. tinting them would make everything tie in nicely.

mugen shifter fitted with ebay special gaiter to match seats

before:

after:

and also saw the cigarette lighter was worn on the symbol so replaced that

old:

new:

I can't seem to find pictures of the oil and radiator caps so will take new ones to have uploaded and post them later.

I've also done a partial debadge on the rear, removing the civic part. considering removing the type r badge now as its got a silver r now and would need replaced anyway so may see what it looks like with it removed. the sideskirts are missing the type r decals so removing the type r badge from the rear would tie in with everything else.

still got my front bumper and front grill to replace after the hit n run incident. once funds allow i will get these bits tidied up. also looking at having the roof sprayed gloss black so it ties in with the gloss black wheels and gloss black mirrors.

and we will leave this post on a positive note with the news that she is good for another 12 months after passing her MOT yesterday with no advisories.... even passed the emissions test which is always positive :)

Little update:

The clocks have just rolled onto 120k...... and i finally have the funds to get the front end sorted :D so hopefully in the next month once these dreaded 12 hour shifts (13 days on, 1 off ) finish i can get the front end looking sweet again cosmetically.

One thing i have noticed starting to rear its ugly head on the rear arches is rust :(

Also looking at purchasing a decat now and thinking about getting a k100/kpro to get the car running properly with the breather mods....... what sort of power figures do these achieve realistically with an intake and decat exhaust but sticking with the stock inlet and exhaust manifolds, around 220bhp??

What's the resolution to appearing rust on the wheel arches? I'm guessing tackling this straight away is important before it gets beyond reasonable repair?

Basically used a flapper disc on my grinder to take all the surface rust back, couple of coats of a rust inhibiting primer, followed by paint and finally lacquer. Time taken to prep the area is the key, followed by taking your time between coats and a bit of wet and dry sanding.

Its not reached the outer edge of the arch yet so hoping that catching it this early will give delay the process by a few years.

Next time i have some time off i'm going to tackle them.

Had Friday off so got the following done:

- Oil change
- New oil filter
- New spark plugs (old plugs were a mess)
- New front Brembo pads along with cleaning all the sliding pins and shims up.
- Freshen up red paint on front calipers
- Fitted a Japspeed decat pipe.

I have brakes that don't stick on now :)
It also makes a bit of a racket on full chat :twisted:

Time to sort out the battle scars on the front end now :smt045

Assume the decat pipe has thrown up the EML, will you be getting a K100/Kpro and a remap shortly?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Assume the decat pipe has thrown up the EML, will you be getting a K100/Kpro and a remap shortly?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You assume correctly, EML came on after 75 miles.

As soon as i have the funds, i will be getting one or the other.

Closest place that can supply/fit/dyno setup Hondata for me is GI Motorsport in Kilmarnock.

Failing that its a trip to TDI North, unless there is anywhere else north of the border that can do it

Back