• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

seat bolt dimensions

hi guys

currently working on a project for my HNC Mechanical Engineering, and Im designing and building a gaming racing chair for as cheap as possible

one idea i had was to use a 2nd hand CTR seat rather than buying a racing chair

Im just wondering if anyone knows the dimensions between the bolts that secure the seat to the floor, width and depth? I tried to go and measure mine last night, but I only had a 300mm rule available to failed miserably! :)

and is it M10 bolts they use?

ill give it another shot at the weekend if noone knows off the top of their heads :)

thanks

If it’s only for the project then you don't have to make it, I didn't anyways.

Just guess the dimensions and make them believable, if like me you didn't have to actually make anything and just needed to design and stress test via some software

not that this helps, but im doing something very simular. not for a project, but for my house. using the drivers seat out of my old feista though. so if you want to knock heads together and see if we can come up with some ideas let us know :)

im presenting my project at the beginning of next month, so once Im done I could forward you on all my stuff if you'd like?

Back