• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seat differences.

Hello all,

Im getting bored of the red in my car, so thinking of going all black.

I like the ATR Recaro route but understand there are issues with rails etc.

So im considering swapping my facelift interior for a pre facelift interior, am I mad?

What’s the difference in seats as I’ve sat in both but can't remember there being much?

This is only an idea at the moment but thought I’d ask your advice see what the consensus was.

Cheers.

As far as I'm aware, facelift and pre facelift seats are the same, bar the colour scheme.

Pre-facelift- Black/ Grey
Facelift- Black with red inserts

For the sake of completeness:

JDM/ 30AE- all red recaros
Premier- Black/ red recaros

ATR recaro are pretty :cool: but you need to remember that if you do put ATR recaros into a EP3, you wont be able to let anyone in the rear of the CTR :lol:

HTH

Gary

Forgot to add...

You could try and have a look at the black DC2 or DC5 recaros but tbh, the cheapest option would be the ATR ones.

you can get people in the back with ATR seats, stop being lazy and wind the back forward. lol

god these people with their little tilt forward handles. takes about 2 turns to get the back forward enough to get a large person in, a small person can get in with just moving the seat forward. simples.

Also black DC5 seats a very cool. But super rare. would of been my choice but not at the price they fetch, couldn't justify circa £700 on seats

I had these ATR seats in my Premier for about 6 months, still have actually, not been a probelm for me getting people in the back.

Its not ideal dont get me wrong, but its not a serious problem.

However, if you have kids dont do it, as it will get on your nerves always having to get in the back.

Back