• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Second Hand Air Con

Friendy said:
Looking to remove my Air con over the winter, how much could I expect to get for it?

I have been thinking exactly the same!!!! :lol:

Never use the damn thing anyway. :roll:

Going to use the CTR as a Track da ycar next year so might aswell save as much weight as possible?

When I had my CTR, I really regreted not having aircon, it was so bloody hot over the summer. when I went on the HET it got to 36 degrees. it must have been the hottest car I have ever owned.

Won't it be handy for demisting in the morning?

Does it help at all with getting rid of ice on the windscreen?

Ooooo first Winter in my CTR :shock: looking forward to driving in snow .... not!!!

Turbo5 said:
When I had my CTR, I really regreted not having aircon, it was so bloody hot over the summer. when I went on the HET it got to 36 degrees. it must have been the hottest car I have ever owned.

I'll give you £100 then for next years HET :lol:

Carl

Cat said:
Won't it be handy for demisting in the morning?

Does it help at all with getting rid of ice on the windscreen?

Ooooo first Winter in my CTR :shock: looking forward to driving in snow .... not!!!

I drove home from the service yesterday in the pi$$ing down rain...could not have managed without aircon............ :?
could not see fcuk all out of the windscreen if the aircon was off..

Scousefella said:
Friendy said:
Looking to remove my Air con over the winter, how much could I expect to get for it?

Are you off your fcuking nut? You must be mad to want to get rid of A/C :lol:

dotty said:
Scousefella said:
Friendy said:

Are you off your fcuking nut? You must be mad to want to get rid of A/C :lol:
I said I had thought about it - I often think of winning the lottery but nothing ever comes of it. :lol:

But my CTR will become my second car, a track day toy so to speak, so will be looking to shed as much weight as possible, but still want to drive to the tracks, so need to pass an MOT. Was just wondering if I could get any money for bits like Air Con, rear seats etc.

I've managed 2 years without A/C. There has only been a couple of instances when I wish I had it,

1. Stuck in a monster traffic jam during HET. It was about 32 deg C.
2. Stuck in a monster traffic jam on the M25 having just had my Spoon fitted. The hottest day of the year this year.

The plus side, my car is lighter and faster for it :lol:

Bazzer said:
I've managed 2 years without A/C. There has only been a couple of instances when I wish I had it,

1. Stuck in a monster traffic jam during HET. It was about 32 deg C.
2. Stuck in a monster traffic jam on the M25 having just had my Spoon fitted. The hottest day of the year this year.

The plus side, my car is lighter and faster for it :lol:

I used it twice just to check it still works, never used it in normal day to day usage, any idea of how much i would get for it?

I've no idea how much you'd get for it Paul. Put it on Ebay and set a reserve for what you think it's worth. IIRC it's £1000 for Honda to retrofit one.

That £1000 is fitted though. and I have seen special offers for about £850. I would have snapped your hand off if I still had my CTR.
For the parts I think about £300 is about right. Try ringing a breakers yard and see how much they want, that will give you an idea.

I love my aircon :lol:

10kg isn't too much of a price to pay really

IMO a/c is more of a selling point than anything else. I had a/c in my last car and it was nice to have on those few hot days but most of the year it was switched off.

When buying my CTR I opted for a facelift without a/c as my budget would have only stretched to a pre-facelift with a/c and I decided I'd rather opt for the facelift over a/c. Plus I kept reminding myself it is a performance car and as such it should be basic and light (I have left the carpet and door cards in though!!!)

Having said that if I could get a/c retro-fitted for around £500 I would definately consider it!

Paul

Back