• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Second hand k100

Hi guys urgent information needed,

I brought a second hand hondata k100 which was mapped to a k24, with drag cartel camms bigger injectors and many other mods, my car is now booked in for a remap, on the 10th of September how ever, I have been told it will need to be recoded by honda first,

if if I recode the ecu will my standard ecu still work, as there is no way I'm driving over 200 miles on the current map,

when honda recode a new ecu will the old ecu still be usable, or are there any companies that can stick a standard map on the ecu so it's safe to drive

thanks

K100 is a daughter board that is fitted to an OEM ECU. You either have the k100 or a k100 on an OEM ECU.

You'll have 3 big plug sockets for the loom on it if it's the ECU bit too.

If it's the ECU, your keys will need coding to the ECU or it won't start. Your keys won't then work on your old ECU.

The mapper can disable the immobilizer when they put the map on, you bob to Honda for the recode, then back to the mapper to put the immobilizer back on IIRC.

Who is doing the mapping out of interest?

Thanks loxy mine is a daughter board on a one ecu,

Can the k100 defiantly be demobilised, as I was going to ask the question weather it could be then recoded afterwards and I have it booked in with euro spec, how ever tDi can recode ecu so if it's going to be too much of a pain I will drive the extra miles and go tdi

Ask Eurospec first. It won't be the first time this situation has come up for them!

Back